Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a similar squeak. Someone on this site mentioned the headliner not being completely clipped into place. I went in the back and slowly pushed up on the headliner around the dome light area and heard two clicks. The squeak was gone. This might be your problem.
Never had a squeak issue but after reading this thread I checked mine and sure enough.... CLICK!!! Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
I know, right. I thought the squeak was in the rear somewhere. I would have never thought to check the headliner. Someone on this forum deserves a big thank you. I forget where I read it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you!!! So glad I found this thread. 2019 canyon crew cab 300 miles.. Noise was driving me crazy too. Pushed up on headliner between rear dome light and heard two clicks. Road noise is gone! Wonder how many trips to dealer this would have been?? Come on GM! Love your products but this type of stuff drives people nuts!!!

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Thank you!!! So glad I found this thread. 2019 canyon crew cab 300 miles.. Noise was driving me crazy too. Pushed up on headliner between rear dome light and heard two clicks. Road noise is gone! Wonder how many trips to dealer this would have been?? Come on GM! Love your products but this type of stuff drives people nuts!!!
I know, right? I never would have found that squeak if I didn't read it here. I can't believe they are still doing this over three years later. Maybe, we should let GM know that the worker installing the headliner is lazy or just incompetent. It's very hard to locate the sound of that squeak. I wonder how long it would take a dealer to find it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So just a heads up. The back left seat on the crew cab sometimes doesnt lock into place on the upper back lock mechanism. There is a draw string type of lever by the back window. You need to play around with that and that will stop the seat squeaking. However, it seems a little loose all the time in my truck, so I may have to spray some wd40 or something for it to not make noise. You can imitate this sound by shaking the back seat with your hands.

Odd issue, but this also existed on my 2001 and 2006 Chevrolet 1500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm going to have to try the headliner trick. I keep hearing the squeaking right behind me while i drive as if its coming form somewhere on that drivers rear side. Can't seem to pinpoint it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone had a issue with a rattle or tapping sound coming from the dash board around the gauge cluster. I hear it going over small bumps. It’s driving me crazy I own a 2019.. I already opened up the dash board and found one clip loose put still having the sound come back.. I read somewhere that it might be the airbag? And ideas would help out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had a issue with a rattle or tapping sound coming from the dash board around the gauge cluster. I hear it going over small bumps. It’s driving me crazy I own a 2019.. I already opened up the dash board and found one clip loose put still having the sound come back.. I read somewhere that it might be the airbag? And ideas would help out. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same problem in the 2019 I'm driving. The headliner snapped in place just as others have stated. Thanks for posting this problem and it's possible solution.

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
I had the same problem in the 2019 I'm driving. The headliner snapped in place just as others have stated. Thanks for posting this problem and it's possible solution.
Yeah, someone posted it here for me about 3 1/2 years ago and so now, I just tell people about it. I don't think I would have checked the headliner and the squeak would have drove me nuts..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar squeak. Someone on this site mentioned the headliner not being completely clipped into place. I went in the back and slowly pushed up on the headliner around the dome light area and heard two clicks. The squeak was gone. This might be your problem.

Thank you so much for posting this. Just got a used 2016 Colorado the other day and the squeak has been killing me so I searched on here, gave the headliner a little push at the rear lights and boom two clicks and now the squeaking is gone!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have been noticing the squeak in my truck for months now, but I usually drive with the windows down and/or music up and I didn't bother with it. Then I had people in my truck a couple weeks ago with windows up and music down, and it was driving me crazy. After some quick searching while driving I ended up reaching up and pressing on the headliner, and noticed that is where the noise was coming from. After a few more miles I got fed up and punched my roof, and the squeak stopped for a few days, but it came back and I was debating if I really wanted to take it to the dealer for this problem. So glad I decided to come on here and search the threads, the first thing I'm doing when I leave work today is finding those clips in the back and securing them.

Reactions: JBT

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
I have been noticing the squeak in my truck for months now, but I usually drive with the windows down and/or music up and I didn't bother with it. Then I had people in my truck a couple weeks ago with windows up and music down, and it was driving me crazy. After some quick searching while driving I ended up reaching up and pressing on the headliner, and noticed that is where the noise was coming from. After a few more miles I got fed up and punched my roof, and the squeak stopped for a few days, but it came back and I was debating if I really wanted to take it to the dealer for this problem. So glad I decided to come on here and search the threads, the first thing I'm doing when I leave work today is finding those clips in the back and securing them.
If you push up with flat hands around you dome light spreading out, you will probably hear two clicks. That should fix it, if it is the same problem that everyone else had. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you push up with flat hands around you dome light spreading out, you will probably hear two clicks. That should fix it, if it is the same problem that everyone else had. Good luck.
This definitely was it. Being a former GM employee this type of thing is embarrassing. They need to do better quality control.

Reactions: JBT

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
This definitely was it. Being a former GM employee this type of thing is embarrassing. They need to do better quality control.
Yeah, it's pretty bad it is still happening, since it has been a known problem at this forum for four years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sooooo glad I found this thread! Brand new 2020 Colorado with 500 miles, squeaking started. Pushed up on the headliner near dome light and snap, problem solved. Kinda sad that 4 years after this post, it's still a problem, shame on GM.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts