Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Ive been searching around and pm'ed a few people with no responce.

My question is, how long of rca interconnects do I need to run from my head unit. Down the side of the truck, to behind the rear seat.

I would measure but my trucks at the shop and I want to order the cables today.

Thanks for the help

Craig

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Measure it and overestimate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As i said before, i unfortunately dont have access to my vehicle today. I was just hoping to get the lengths of cables other people have used

·
Registered
22 Posts
i ran my rca cables from the radio behind the glove box and down under the passenger side trim. the set i got was 20', but the leftover cable i ziptied and hid it underneath the rear seat out of sight. i would say that 15' should be enough running the same route i did. or order a couple more feet just to be safe

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I used 10' but barely made it to one side. I am switching to 15' for more cable play and better amp placement. 10' is just too short, go with 15'.

·
Registered
499 Posts
i have 20' RCA cable, it goes from the head unit, down the passenger side, across the back wall to the driverside where the first amp inline is located. it's a perfect length, not too long, and not too short

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I got a 6M Monster Cable and it fit perfectly. You can always tuck in excess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, the reason i ask is theres an awesome deal on monster cable, top of the line, braided 2 and 4 channel cables. but there in 4m or shorter unfortunately

Thanks everyone for the quick replys.

Craig

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would probably do 17'. Where I work They are sold in 6' and 17' increments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts