Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will all of the aftermerket intake tubes fit on the stock airbox? I am just unsure as to which relocate the MAF and which do not. I am wanting to just get the tube from a CAI and put it on my stock box, and i am not very interested in making one out of PVC or in using one of the piece together ones.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
AEM is too small. Can't say fer sure about any others, but K&N's looks too small as well.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I just a coupler hose?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The diameter is the problem. If you can find a transition piece, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you like, I'll measure my AEM for you after the Superbowl is over :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, you don't have to do that. If it's smaller than the hole, I could just use foam or something. I am really looking for one that keeps the stock MAF sensor in place in its housing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
TureFlow does use the stock air box to the TB and so does Green. The tubes on the Tureflow is medal and the Green one is plasitc.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll have to look at green, i like the trueflow.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Green only shows the H3, but the picture with it comes with an aftermarket box. I can't tell about MaF housing. I am looking for this info because i want to just buy a used tube If i can, i don't care about filters or anything like that, I just want the resonator gone, and for it to look good.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I think I may have misunderstood. I thought you wanted to use the stock filter as well, just the aftermarket tube only. If youre just wanting to house the aftermarket filter in the factory airbox then you're right, you could just seal the gap with some weatherstrip. I'm not sure what you mean about not relocating the MAF sensor, but the AEM uses the factory sensor and wiring. It will require getting rid of the box on the TB side of the intake though. That's really where the most restriction comes in anyway.

Edit: caught me typing with your last post. Sorry. I see now that you do want the resonator gone. The AEM will do that for you, but you'll definitely not want to try the foam trick unless you use the AEM filter on the tube because the OEM will be too big around.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, sorry about the confusion. What i am looking for is something like the trueflow setup. I am jsut seeing what companies have intakes like that, so I can get the best price. all i want to replace is the tube portion of the intake. so i either want to use the stock MAF housing, or have a tube that fits through the factory airbox hole.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's it. are there any more companies that make tubes like that? I really would like to try to find a used one.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One more Question, do 2006 intakes fit us 2005 guys? I am 99% sure thay do, but...

·
Registered
449 Posts
So you really want to pay 225 bucks for the tube and filter? Jeepers, let me put a sticker or decal on my PVC tube, and I'll sell it to you for half that price... ;)

Really, it's not that hard. Take a look at my garage link. I've got just under 30 bucks invested in my tube, clamps and crankcase plumbing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know, i hate spending on needless stuff, I think I will buy a used intake if I can find one (WTB section) and if not, I may just make my own.

·
Registered
268 Posts
what's keeping you from buying a K&N or AEM?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
price, I'm 17

·
Registered
268 Posts
cool. i just turned 17 in january. i just installed my k&n cai and it is awesome. save up and go with the whole cai....definitely worth it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool, glad to see another youngen from the South on here. I am watching ebay for a cheap used one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Tsalagi123 said:
price, I'm 17
wow so I guess I'm not the only 17 year old whose out of money on here as for the PVC intake is there a how to anywhere on this site or is it just simply clamping PVC onto the intake box and mounting the MAF sensor?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts