Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from what it looks like, there are 2 major intakes out there for the 2.5L. The K&N and the AEM.

The K&N is a standard cone with a heat shield, and the AEM uses the stock airbox bottom. Everything I have read says the K&N is loud. I'm just now getting used to the constant droning of the MBRP exhaust on my truck under load, but really want to complete the intake/exhaust/tune Trifecta (no pun intended). I'm not able to find anything on the AEM - it looks to be decent though. I like that it uses the stock airbox and am hoping it might be a bit quieter than the K&N. I want a bit of a growl, but I would rather not have it growling all of the time from both the front and rear.

Anyone have experience with either of these intakes on the 2.5?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm...super interested and following. Any chance you got a video to hear how loud your truck is?
I just tried uploading a sample, but I do not have WiFi here and it is garbage. When I get home tonight I will upload a couple of them so y'all can hear it. I wish there were more clips out there for the 2.5 - seems like we have to go in blind on these purchases since there is not much.

I will say, it is growing on me - although the incessant droning when dragging the boat is annoying. My partner called it "relaxing", I found myself gritting my teeth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: maxbee25

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting the itch to buy one of them, leaning towards the AEM although it may have less gains due to the stock airbox bottom.

Any experiences or opinions from anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.