Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Installing LED Tail Light Bulbs...

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  madcratebuilder 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I'm installing some LED tail lights in my 2018 Chevy Colorado, and I can't seem to fix the turn signal failure. I bought these LED bulbs and these resistors off of Amazon. Tried clamping down the black and grays first, then the black and orange when that failed. Still nothing. I'm sure I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This may help.
Drinkware Cylinder Font Gas Diagram

Reactions: Jremeee and comscan
#4 ·
Just a guess here but I bet you have the bottom bulb resistor also tied into the top bulb wires since they junction off that bulb. I wouldn't think it would matter so much as it has the resistance of two bulbs. However the led before the resistors may be tricking it. Open the harness lower and make sure you get the incoming wires for the lower bulb.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

#5 ·
Also if you had the resistors on tails and tails on for a bit while trying to figure this out then the resistors might be toast. They will get hot quick under constant power. They get hot enough to melt plastic light housing just being used on turns that flash. Best to try and mount them to the bed so they can dissapate heat better.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

#7 ·
could it be that the taps arent cutting through the wire on one (or both) of the sides? meaning it (the metal piece inside) isnt making contact with the metal of the wire on either the resistor wire or the tail light wire or both.

#8 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^What spoonman said, check the contacts, those splice taps can be funky.

#9 ·
I hate those crap/clip taps...these are from a site where I get all my motorcycle lighting...much better (IMO).

Reactions: madcratebuilder
#10 ·
Those look pretty slick. Great selection on Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.