Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess this question is aimed to the bodyshop guys on here. i dropped like 1200 bucks on new toys for my coly. one of them being a goodmark ramair hood.( making it a functional ram air) and some fender vents off a 08 Buick Lucurne. i'm not too worried about the hood as it needs painting. i'm just worried about the fenders. i know to mask where i'm cutting to prevent possible chipping, i am just lookin for some tips and tricks on doinig this

any feedback would be great

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
:roll: I saw a guy in a 300M driving down the road with the Buick Lucerne fender vents the other day.

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
rangerbob said:
:roll: I saw a guy in a 300M driving down the road with the Buick Lucerne fender vents the other day.
I saw a guy on the forums today posting useless posts, too :roll:

Back on topic after bob's oh-so-helpful post, if you're very careful about cutting the holes in the fenders, you may be able to cut the holes and install the vents without having to repaint the fender, but that's assuming that there's a decent amount of overlap between the edges of the fender vents and the size the holes need to be.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Use a drill bit for the corners and then drill a hole in the middle of the area.

Run your cut-off/saw from that middle hole around the area you want using the other holes as your corners. That way you reduce the risk of chipping when turning the corner.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the input guys. i been workin all morning so far and got one side done. Now just have to measure the distance from the door to match the other side. looks pretty badass. just sucks it's like -40 outside and my garage isn't sealed enought to keep heat in lol.

i'll post picks when done

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Cool beans!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well here are some pics of the install. i'll take a few more tomorrow. i would of like to of put them a bit lower on the fender but they have that weird triagnular type body line and it wouldn't of looked right. so i did it aboube the line and used the line for placement. i think it looks wicked

·
Registered
668 Posts
Your balls are bigger than mine :lol: cause i dont think i could ever cut holes in my truck like that :eek: but it looks good from what i can see props on the job. Is it a perfect fit cause it looks like thers white on the bottoms not sure if its the holes cut too big or what.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh lol, no thats just the backing of the double sided tape. wanted to be sure everything fit flush before i took it off cuz that stuff was super sticky lol

and thank you. it ended up being easier than i thought

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice, thought of that myself but thats it -just a thought cuz I would be to scared to start cuttin holes like that

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i'm snapping a couple today

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'll get a couple picks tomorrow. it was like -50 wit hthe windchill today so yeah lol

and yeah i'd know there would be nay sayers on here but whatever, i build my truck to my likeing, not others. just like there stuff i personally would't do but other have done, but i'm not gonna go tell someone how bad it looks.

to each thier own

·
Registered
478 Posts
If these were just stick on's I'd say nay - but cutting the fender is serious mod work - good work!

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
LowCal said:
i'll get a couple picks tomorrow. it was like -50 wit hthe windchill today so yeah lol

and yeah i'd know there would be nay sayers on here but whatever, i build my truck to my likeing, not others. just like there stuff i personally would't do but other have done, but i'm not gonna go tell someone how bad it looks.

to each thier own
I'll chime in one more time - I admire the workmanship if not the actual look. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
came home for lunch to snap a few better pics

1 - 20 of 45 Posts