Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bit the bullet and bought the Ecomaster front camera ( https://accessories.chevrolet.com/p...ociated-accessories-19366656?categoryId=12013 . I was able to use a GM 20% coupon. I installed it today and have to say I am impressed. The install went relatively easy except fishing the camera cable into the cab, which was a royal pain. I like how the camera is integrated into my current system and unlike the rear camera the front camera stays on full time if need be. That will come in handy when I offroad! Also I can manually adjust the camera up or down which is a cool feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
103 Posts
Installation

When you installed it, was just plugging into the current system? Did you have to do any splicing? Were the instructions clear and easy to follow? I guess I am looking for more installation details.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any photos of how you access the camera from your display, or the picture you see?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No splicing, plug and play into current system. Instructions were right on. Although they do have great customer support if you hit a snag. We only had to call because there was no Definitive on the switch for the 2018. Like I said the pain was just the camera cable that went into the cab. I had to fish it through and it was tight, but doable. Here is the manual; https://echomaster.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=1002

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any photos of how you access the camera from your display, or the picture you see?

Click on the camera icon and you will get the reverse camera. Press the back button for 3 seconds and the front camera will come up with NO timer. With the front camera on if you pop it in reverse the back up camera will come on but will return to front camera when put in drive or neutral. To get out of the front camera display just press the back button. I did a video with the front camera on but don’t know how or if I can post it. Here is a night picture in front of my garage of the display.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wish list updated....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
That's actually really interesting.....now you've got me thinking about mounting that to the back of my trailer :idea:
They make a 3 camera kit that is plug and play.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Does anyone know what is the difference between the $499 and the $179 versions?
The 179 camera is if you already have the IntelliHaul system and adds it (front cam) to your system to get 360 degree coverage with the other cameras ( 2 side plus factory rear cam)in the IntelliHaul system.

The 499 camera is a stand-alone to only get the front cam to work with your factory rear cam.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yep, I don’t think I will ever need the side camera. You def cannot add the side cameras with the front camera system. I mostly wanted it for off-road purposes.

Really? My understanding is the intellihaul controller that comes in the $499 kit is the same that is used for the towing kit. So I figured it would also be able to handle the additional cameras should you want to add those later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I bit the bullet and bought the Ecomaster front camera ( ---associated-accessories-19366656?categoryId=12013" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">https://accessories.chevrolet.com/p...ociated-accessories-19366656?categoryId=12013 . I was able to use a GM 20% coupon. I installed it today and have to say I am impressed. The install went relatively easy except fishing the camera cable into the cab, which was a royal pain. I like how the camera is integrated into my current system and unlike the rear camera the front camera stays on full time if need be. That will come in handy when I offroad! Also I can manually adjust the camera up or down which is a cool feature.

Is the camera much better quality than the rearview camera? I haven't seen such a horrible rearview camera on a vehicle before this one. That's the main thing that's keeping me from making the purchase.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.