Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2007 COLORADO 4X4 EXT. CAB WITH JUST OVER 3000 MILES. I HAVE ADDED A 3 INCH BODY LIFT AND 1 INCH SHACKLE EXTENSION IN NOVEMBER OF 2007. I PURCHASED THE SKYJACKER 4 INCH REAR LEAF SPRING (CCR25S) AND TWO SKYJACKER SHOCKS THAT ARE MADE FOR TRUCKS WITH LIFTS (H7084). I BROUGHT IT TO A LOCAL AUTO SHOP AND THEY TOOK OFF THE TWO ORIGINAL LEAF SPRINGS AND SAID THAT THEY COULD NOT INSTALL THE TWO NEW LEAF SPRINGS (THAT ARE SET TO FACTORY SPECS) BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE THE DRIVE SHAFT HITTING THE FRAME AND SOMETHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE CROSSMEMBER. DOES THIS SOUND ACCURATE? I WANT TO RAISE THE BACK END UP A FEW MORE INCHES WITHOUT SPENDING A TON OF MONEY. PLEASE REPLY WITH ANY ANSWERS OR SUGGESTIONS. THANK YOU

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would think it would work but you might end up having to take your 1 inch lift shackles off and put the factory shackles back on in order to allow enough room under the axle with the Skyjacker lift springs. The lift spring you have only lift the back end 2.5 inches so there should not be a problem with those alone.

In reguards to what the guy at the shop said about what your axle would hit....take a look at this pic of my truck.

You can see that the rear "axle crossmember" runs under the axle. To much lift in the back end will cause the axle and crossmember to hit/rub. FYI: Tacomas are set up with the rear "axle crossmember" running above the axle.

Just out of curiosity....what kind of lift do you have in front???

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
First - lose the caps lock. It's considered rude.

Second - The SKyjacker kit is the RCC25. ;)

Third - Take the shackles off and just put the leafs on. The leafs net you about 2" and won't hit the crossmember - any more will.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
rangerbob said:
Second - The SKyjacker kit is the RCC25. ;)
Actually, Bob, you're both right. The lift kit is #RCC25. But the Rear spring pack is #CCR25S. Confusing, but true.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Wow - what a potential cluster-f.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
dirtydawg said:
rangerbob said:
. . . cluster-f.
:clueless
Cluster F*ck.

I can totally see somebody ordering the wrong part because they got the numbers mixed up.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Ok the misinformation the rear lift of either the AAL or spring pack needs to be cleared up. The Skyjacker kits are called 4" kits, but they only raise the rear 2.5". Thats why the part numbers have a 25 in them. The front is raised 4" to level the truck out.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yeah, that's what Northern Explorer said up top. It's the same with the Rancho too. Although it may actually be 2" on it instead of 2.5 - not sure about that 1/2".

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I got more than 2" on mine when installed even with the cap on. I know he said it, but someone is also selling his 4" AAL in the for sale section. I corrected him, but he never fixed his post. Misinformation really bugs me. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
dirtydawg said:
Yeah, that's what Northern Explorer said up top. It's the same with the Rancho too. Although it may actually be 2" on it instead of 2.5 - not sure about that 1/2".
I just looked at the skyjacker website again. They actually state that the replacement leafs lift the back end 2.5 - 3" http://www.skyjacker.com/products/produ ... /?id=39661

And the add-a-leaf lifts the back end 2.5" http://www.skyjacker.com/products/produ ... ?id=137101

Now...does anybody know of anyone that has combined the replacement leaf with the add-a-leaf in an effort to lift the truck and add better load control (more weight in back without squatting)? Would this combination lift the back end to much or would the curve of the add-a-leaf be the same as the new leaf pack thus creating no additional lift?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
You would probably get a little bit to no additional lift. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. The AAL would stiffen the ride, thats why they do a whole new spring pack with different spring rates then stock. It makes it ride a bit smoother from everything I've read on AAL vs new spring packs.

I actually called and talked to Skyjacker about the real lift height before I bought the AAL, just to make sure. It's only 2.5" as stated previously. My numbers are in the AAL install how-to and that is with a heavy cap installed so you'd probably get slightly more than I did with the AAL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PAUL D said:
I HAVE A 2007 COLORADO 4X4 EXT. CAB WITH JUST OVER 3000 MILES. I HAVE ADDED A 3 INCH BODY LIFT AND 1 INCH SHACKLE EXTENSION IN NOVEMBER OF 2007. I PURCHASED THE SKYJACKER 4 INCH REAR LEAF SPRING (CCR25S) AND TWO SKYJACKER SHOCKS THAT ARE MADE FOR TRUCKS WITH LIFTS (H7084). I BROUGHT IT TO A LOCAL AUTO SHOP AND THEY TOOK OFF THE TWO ORIGINAL LEAF SPRINGS AND SAID THAT THEY COULD NOT INSTALL THE TWO NEW LEAF SPRINGS (THAT ARE SET TO FACTORY SPECS) BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE THE DRIVE SHAFT HITTING THE FRAME AND SOMETHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE CROSSMEMBER. DOES THIS SOUND ACCURATE? I WANT TO RAISE THE BACK END UP A FEW MORE INCHES WITHOUT SPENDING A TON OF MONEY. PLEASE REPLY WITH ANY ANSWERS OR SUGGESTIONS. THANK YOU
I put on the leaf spring and it fit perfectly. It lifted the vehicle 2.5 inches eventhough it stated that it would lift it 4 inches. Once it was bolted to the vehicle. i had to use a jack to puch up the spring to the axle, then connect the u bolts.
Thanks for all of the input. It hepled out greatly. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts