Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Infotainment system not connecting AUX automatically anymore

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cujoe_da_man 
#1 ·
My parents have a '21 Colorado and since it didn't come with XM, I got them a head unit that plugs in via the AUX port. Everything has been fine up until a few months ago when the AUX started acting like nothing is there.

When the key is turned forward, it shows there is no device found until the XM has had a chance to boot up. Once it does, it shows something there, but no sound plays. You have to physically activate another source (like FM) and back to AUX to get sound out, even though it knows there's something there. When we first got it, the AUX port would start playing as soon as XM was finished booting.

Any ideas?

I'm sure this isn't strictly a Colorado only issue, but there isn't exactly an Infotainment forum either.

#2 ·
Sounds like a software issue. My 17 (with IOS5) updates itself using 3G and the Onstar antenna or by WiFi in my garage. Once in a while, when I get home it will logon to my network and start updating itself. I usually leave it ON until it is done. You have to give the truck your network password to have option-2 work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.