Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
Thanks Yeti for posting this up.
Mine doesn't do the same as others but, I run google not apple and just lose screen touch control.
Mine shows V135118-LS 05-Oct-2020. So mine is out of date.

Reactions: Y E T I

Registered
Did you ever find out what the problems was ?
I just bought my 2022 Chevrolet Colorado on July 29th and the following weekend I started having issues with the infortainment system. My truck has been in the shop 4 times and this will be the 2nd GM ticket that they have opened on my truck. Supposedly the service center will have a GM Field Engineer (?) come out next week and see if they can figure it out. Highly doubt it but I will give them they opportunity to try and get it right.

The issues I am having are as follows:
  • system will shut down and restart by itself
  • last weekend the volume wouldn't turn down or turn off even after I turned my truck off and took the keys out and exited the truck
  • the charging ports in the front will disconnect
  • my bluetooth connection will disconnect all by itself
  • and I am sure there are plenty more but that is the jist.

I am so frustrated that I just paid that much money for a vehicle with these issues.
Ok,I have patience, so I did an experiment. I have done this process for 2 straight months, as I did not want to post my theory, unless I felt confident.
I went to stereo store to get those garbage yanked out and have a radio installed. The quote was $1500. No..
So now, here is the free solution as I heard the update is around 300 and doesn't always work.
My father Always said,way back in the day,turn your key,let it ding 3 or 4 times so your oil and fuel pumps can prime before holding the load.
So I thought, maybe,just maybe this abominable info garbage system, needs to boot up,before running properly.
I get in my Colorado, turn key,let it ding 5 times(5 times.....) got to be patient. After 5th ding,I start my truck.
Weather this is a fact or BS,it seems to work.
2 dings,shuts down
3 dings, off on off on
4 dings,blag blah
5 people, 5.
It becomes ritualistic, but I swear to anything, in 2 months, it has acted like an actual normal radio.
I don't know if this will help anyone, but if it does help,just one person, then I feel confident, I will go to heaven. 馃槉

Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
Thanks and interesting experiment.
Luck

Registered
From what is here you should have the Feb, 2022 update on you radio. Could you give us more info, i.e. apple or android, what radio you have ect.
Hope the dealer gets it all sorted for you.
Luck

Registered
Mine was working perfectly fine since I bought it. But one day the screen start turning on and off every 2 min or so. And after 15 min it just turn off until I turn off the truck for a bit. Also when the screen turn off nothing response. But I still hear from the speaker just nothing on the screen. Did yours did the same ?
No. Mine just kept rebooting constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I bought my truck about a week and a half ago it was doing the same thing with the radio the dealership replaced it with a brand new unit which was worse than the prior one now it reboots several times gives a black screen completely locks up. They said it was a program issue Chevy send them a new USB stick did not fix the issue now they have a truck again and they're calling in the expert. The dealership was had my brand new 20-22 longer than I've had in my driveway I totally have one last chance or they're going to have to order another truck but now I see the 2023 model has completely redone the radio system. Driving a Ford F-150 and their system is absolutely perfect even Android auto is wireless Chevy needs a step up to the plate

Registered
Thank you for your reply. We have mentioned this to the dealer and they're going to look into it. Of course, we heard that on the Jeep side too. Arg.

Thank you so much for the info -- Bondo dust also. We'll certainly try that sometime this week and will let you know how it goes. Lovin' this communication.
mine keeps saying the sd card was removed did this happen to you too?

Registered
In the past with the wrong USB drive (a 3.0) it just plan did not see it at all. AS soon as I put in a 64GB 2.0 it saw it and read it perfectly. 64GB was the biggest I could find at the time. If mine is removed it says" no media " I think that what it says. I have not removed mine in 8 months since I got it working. I usually listen to podcast via bluetooth. It worked just fine yesterday when the podcast ended and I switched to the USB drive.
Are you plugged into the USB ports directly below the radio in the center stack? The USB's in the rear are charge ports only. I can't say anything about the port inside the center console I just don't know. I wonder if doing a full reset will help you. Disconnect the battery Neg. cable and touch it to the positive post with that connected it will drain all the computers capacitor. I had to do this to get my equalizer setting and some other presets to stay where I set them.
have you ever said what year or what radio you have , the Bose system has more capabilities. Scan the QR code in the driver door jamb for all the order / build codes
Luck

Registered
I just bought my 2022 Chevrolet Colorado on July 29th and the following weekend I started having issues with the infortainment system. My truck has been in the shop 4 times and this will be the 2nd GM ticket that they have opened on my truck. Supposedly the service center will have a GM Field Engineer (?) come out next week and see if they can figure it out. Highly doubt it but I will give them they opportunity to try and get it right.

The issues I am having are as follows:
  • system will shut down and restart by itself
  • last weekend the volume wouldn't turn down or turn off even after I turned my truck off and took the keys out and exited the truck
  • the charging ports in the front will disconnect
  • my bluetooth connection will disconnect all by itself
  • and I am sure there are plenty more but that is the jist.

I am so frustrated that I just paid that much money for a vehicle with these issues.
I bought a 2022 Chevy Colorado in September brand new. I have about 1500 miles on it now but it has been doing the same thing yours has since I got it. It actually broke down on me the first day I got it. I had to have it towed. Fun.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts