Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently purchased a brand new 2022 Chevy Colorado. The infotainment system has now cut off and cut back on twice randomly within a week's time. We had the same problem with a new Jeep that we had purchased prior to the truck. After several attempts of trying to get the problem repaired in the Jeep, we sold it. That's when we bought the Chevy Colorado. Please tell me that this can be fixed at service and that we won't be facing the same issues that we had with the Jeep.

· Registered
7,844 Posts
Give dealer service a chance to fix it in warranty, but this has been a known issue all the way back to the first 2015 model. I am having multiple issues on my 2016. Good luck. Hope you did not move to Chevrolet for a better infotainment System.

· Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4
141 Posts
Have you tried updating the system?
Park your truck where you have strong Wifi (house). Using the radio select "settings", then "Wifi Networks" to connect the truck to your Wifi. Then, under "settings" go to "Updates" and check / install any updates. My 2020 has had a few and the system works better now than it did originally.

· Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
403 Posts
I found with mine doing the factory reset in setting has solved most all of my issues on my 2022. It was also dropping out my tone setting every time I restarted the truck. The reset solved that too.
I kept getting a no connection screen and had it lock up a couple of times . I turned the wifi off and that solved that issue if I need the wifi I turn it on.
Luck

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply. We have mentioned this to the dealer and they're going to look into it. Of course, we heard that on the Jeep side too. Arg.
Have you tried updating the system?
Park your truck where you have strong Wifi (house). Using the radio select "settings", then "Wifi Networks" to connect the truck to your Wifi. Then, under "settings" go to "Updates" and check / install any updates. My 2020 has had a few and the system works better now than it did originally.
Thank you so much for the info -- Bondo dust also. We'll certainly try that sometime this week and will let you know how it goes. Lovin' this communication.

· Registered
10,320 Posts
You are listening to the radio and it cuts off then how long prior to it coming back on, seconds, minutes, hours?
Does it matter if AM/FM/Sirus?

· Registered
10,320 Posts
Hmmm. several other people with 2021-22's have had this problem in the last several weeks

maybe it is a defective chip issue

· Registered
2 Posts
My system is doing the same thing. The whole infotainment system reboots to the point where you see the Chevy logo on the screen like it does when the truck starts up. Had it happen twice this morning within 10min.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Same thing has been happening to me (2022 Colorado) -- Radio will cut out like I turned the truck off completely, then reboot. AM/FM/Sirius/Bluetooth...makes no difference. VERY infrequently, but often enough that it's annoying. If I were guessing, prior fixes listed here notwithstanding, I'd guess that it acted like there was a poor connection -- a pin backed out or a faulty connection to one of the pins/connectors. That may not be the problem but that's sure how it behaves. I have a call in to my dealer, and if you guys are any indication, it should be "known" enough by now that they have a remedy. I'll get back to you when I now more. Thanks.

3 Posts
Ok,folks,this is the only way I have found to listen to my radio in my $35,000 truck.
I have a 2019 Colorado. Radio shuts down every 3 minutes, comes back on and 3 minutes later,off again.
I use Bluetooth to listen to podcasts so Android auto has nothing to do with it.
Today I waited to see if it was going to act like it should or be a piece of worthless crap. Well, it shut down after 3 minutes, of course. So I put my Bluetooth headphones in and listened. I pushed in the power button till radio shut off. After I knew it was longer than 3 minutes, I turned the radio back on. I left the headphones activated and had no problem with the radio for the rest of my 2 hour drive.
Did the same for the ride home. Seemed to work.
This is embarrassing. Buy a new vehicle and have to avoid an accident just to listen to the radio.
On a side note,my phone rang and it would not let me answer from the screen so had to go to bt settings on phone, deactivate, and then answer call. Not very safe for hands-free system. But I would like to mention that it kept ringing through the radio the whole time I was on the call and I literally wanted to drive into a telephone pole. Congratulations Chevy I have always fought for you but now I think I will fight against you. All these poor people can't even listen to a radio. I like the truck but I hate the truck. Thanks again Chevy.

3 Posts
Well,yesterday, the bt headphones couldn't win the fight. Infocrapment system shut down every minute and a half.
I'm going to an audio shop to get an estimate on replacing this garbage. Even if it voids some warranty. The frustration this causes,isn't worth it.
This is such a ridiculous problem, Chevy should be embarrassed.

· Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my 2022 Chevrolet Colorado on July 29th and the following weekend I started having issues with the infortainment system. My truck has been in the shop 4 times and this will be the 2nd GM ticket that they have opened on my truck. Supposedly the service center will have a GM Field Engineer (?) come out next week and see if they can figure it out. Highly doubt it but I will give them they opportunity to try and get it right.

The issues I am having are as follows:
  • system will shut down and restart by itself
  • last weekend the volume wouldn't turn down or turn off even after I turned my truck off and took the keys out and exited the truck
  • the charging ports in the front will disconnect
  • my bluetooth connection will disconnect all by itself
  • and I am sure there are plenty more but that is the jist.

I am so frustrated that I just paid that much money for a vehicle with these issues.

· Registered
4 Posts
Ok,folks,this is the only way I have found to listen to my radio in my $35,000 truck.
I have a 2019 Colorado. Radio shuts down every 3 minutes, comes back on and 3 minutes later,off again.
I use Bluetooth to listen to podcasts so Android auto has nothing to do with it.
Today I waited to see if it was going to act like it should or be a piece of worthless crap. Well, it shut down after 3 minutes, of course. So I put my Bluetooth headphones in and listened. I pushed in the power button till radio shut off. After I knew it was longer than 3 minutes, I turned the radio back on. I left the headphones activated and had no problem with the radio for the rest of my 2 hour drive.
Did the same for the ride home. Seemed to work.
This is embarrassing. Buy a new vehicle and have to avoid an accident just to listen to the radio.
On a side note,my phone rang and it would not let me answer from the screen so had to go to bt settings on phone, deactivate, and then answer call. Not very safe for hands-free system. But I would like to mention that it kept ringing through the radio the whole time I was on the call and I literally wanted to drive into a telephone pole. Congratulations Chevy I have always fought for you but now I think I will fight against you. All these poor people can't even listen to a radio. I like the truck but I hate the truck. Thanks again Chevy.
Did you ever find out what the problems was ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Ad the same problem. Dealer installed the new update and never had another issue. I was out of warranty so it cost me $300 but we’ll worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was working perfectly fine since I bought it. But one day the screen start turning on and off every 2 min or so. And after 15 min it just turn off until I turn off the truck for a bit. Also when the screen turn off nothing response. But I still hear from the speaker just nothing on the screen. Did yours did the same ?

· Premium Member
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
1,202 Posts
There is an update for the infotainment system that should cure these problems. It did for mine. The update can only be done at the dealership, not over wi-fi like previous updates.

Prior to the update, mine would randomly shut off, the volume would go to full and not turn down, just all sorts of random things. I found out about the update through this forum and then from a buddy who works for GM. When I first called the dealer, the service advisor did not know what I was talking about but I brought it in anyways with the TSB. The technician knew exactly what I was talking about as he had done several updates that week.

· Registered
2022 Colorado Ext. cab LT 4x4 in grey, de badged, fender flairs, flaps, fake lake, undercover. pipes
403 Posts
Could someone post up the latest infotainment system update number.
Thanks
Luck

1 - 20 of 30 Posts