Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8" infotainment Bose system in my 2016 Colorado CCSB.
This concerns music on a SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit 3.0 USB flash drive.
Randomly all of the presets I set up come up blank and I have to redo them. No rhyme or reason, it's all good for a while, then out of the blue...they are all blank. Very annoying. I have a folder set up for each artist and their album(s) in those folders.
Should I have not created artist folders? Or not created albums in those folders?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
8" infotainment Bose system in my 2016 Colorado CCSB.
This concerns music on a SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit 3.0 USB flash drive.
Randomly all of the presets I set up come up blank and I have to redo them. No rhyme or reason, it's all good for a while, then out of the blue...they are all blank. Very annoying. I have a folder set up for each artist and their album(s) in those folders.
Should I have not created artist folders? Or not created albums in those folders?
Any ideas?
It's not exactly the same problem, but I find that my infotainment system sometimes "forgets," my flash drive and simply says no media or unrecognized source or some such. If I switch to radio for a moment, then back to media, it is forced to look again and finds it fine. I don't know if that would resolve your issues, but worth a try...

·
Registered
850 Posts
It does this occasionally on my iPod that I keep connected in the truck instead of picking up on the playlist it left off on I’ll turn it on and it will go to a default playlist it makes when it first connects sometimes aggravating but my Malibu did the same thing expect it did it every restart.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing. Kind of annoying to have to reset that every now and then.
Recently, mine wouldn't recognize the USB drive on any of the 4 ports. It worked fine on any other computer or vehicle I tried it in. I ended up formatting the drive, reloading my music, and it initially still didn't work... Listened to XM for a few minutes, then tried the drive again, and now it works. I had to reset 3 of the 5 USB presets (weird that it wasn't all of them though). For me, it isn't worth dealing with the dealership yet, but if you have time, maybe it is worth it for you.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I had the same problem...... along with the screen would go blank while navigating.

Dealer installed an update. Paperwork says....Technician referenced PIT5461A - Installed updated HMI with USB software.

Haven't had any issues since.

Tell your dealer about it.......ask them if there are any software updates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.