Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being[2018 CC Extended cab I4 6 speed manual] my first 'Modern Truck', [My last truck was a 1982 Datsun Diesel], I have never had a external temp monitor. The other day, I pulled out of my garage, and headed to the store. The temp was showing 63degF and after 20 mins it never changed, but it was 80+degF outside! When I got home , I inspected the sensor and a large bug had covered about 1/2 of the sensor. Got a small brush and after I,cleaned it works fine now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe your whole story but the 80degrees part. Where do you live?
Orange county California We had a 'Mini' heat wave which happens when we get "Santana" winds from the east, It lasted 2 days . Back to mostly normal temps . Today, 2-14-2020 ...67.3 degF at 2:20 pm Pacific time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This being[2018 CC Extended cab I4 6 speed manual] my first 'Modern Truck', [My last truck was a 1982 Datsun Diesel], I have never had a external temp monitor. The other day, I pulled out of my garage, and headed to the store. The temp was showing 63degF and after 20 mins it never changed, but it was 80+degF outside! When I got home , I inspected the sensor and a large bug had covered about 1/2 of the sensor. Got a small brush and after I,cleaned it works fine now.
Ew.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I get a picture of the sensor?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Y
[/QUOT
You're a POS

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting -I've noticed when I wash my 2019 LT the temp read out stays inaccurate for a very long time.Don't do anything crazy when raining - ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts