Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
417 Posts
Your Christmas wish has just come true. Transform your 2015-2019 ZR2, Colorado or Canyon into the beast it deserves to be with The Mallett Supercharger.

We're talking adding 100+HP, 100LBFT, and 4 MPG over stock engine performance. 361HP at the wheel

This kit adds power from idle to redline, increasing towing capacity and overall performance you can't miss.

The Mallett system's added torque enhances the new 8-speed transmission for seamless shifting from low to high gear.

Dyno-tuned for optimum performance, daily drivability, and reliability.

Currently available for the 3.6L LGZ gasoline engine, the intercooled supercharger kit can be installed one of 3 easy ways:

1. Complete Bolt-on kit for experienced DIY. Send us your ECM and we will calibrate at no additional charge.
  2. Your local dealer can do the installation, Or contact us for a list of preferred installers.
  3. Mallett Performance Cars team would be happy to do the installation at our shop in Cornelius, NC.

Mallett Supercharger Kit and Custom High Volume Water Reservoir is available for 2015-2019 ZR2 Colorado/Canyon V6 for $7,200.

Kit Includes:
  • Proven Magnuson 1.9L TVS Supercharger System
  • Race Proven, High Efficiency C&R Intercooler and Heat Exchanger
  • CNC Machined Manifold and Pulley Assemblies
  • Genuine GM Tensioner and Steel Idlers
  • Fleet Quality 8-Rib Gates Supercharger Belt
  • High Quality Corrosion Resistant Fasteners
  • Carb EO Number Received
  • Custom Aluminum High Volume Water Reservoir

For extra boost, check out our Mallett custom Cat-Back and Full Exhaust.

All we want for Christmas is POWER!

Visit our website at https://mallettcars.com
Email [email protected] or call 216-905-0029

·
Registered
751 Posts
nice! @Mallett Performance Cars question though, from that post you made, you only have the supers for the 2017-2019 trucks? or you have them for the 15-16s still?

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Site Sponsor
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
751 Posts
well thats super cool to hear... once i get my finances in order (I.E. pay off the truck), I plan on one for mine... though its a tad far from one now :(

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just had the Mallett Supercharger system installed on my truck at their shop in NC. It's freaking awesome! I have to re-calibrate my foot. Too much gas pedal deflection results in flying! Hahaha. It's really good! Seriously, though .. in order to have fun, you have to turn off the Traction Control system, otherwise she'll detect wheel slippage and limit your power, even when trying to pass somebody at 45-50mph. I never thought I'd burn 33" tires at 45mph. I'm all smiles! The system runs great. Even with judicious application of my lead foot, the MPG's haven't gone down at all! If anything, it might be a fraction better.

The best part is, the power delivery is linear and predictable. You can loan your truck to your wife, friend, cousin, or grandma, and not have to worry about it being a 'peaky' race motor. It's not. It's very consistent; it's very easy to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up mine from North Carolina last week and man is this a blast. You should have seen the look on the punk in the older 911 turbo when I sucked the paint off his car. Bravo to Chuck for a beautiful job on giving this truck the power it needs.
Forget all the other upgrades/modifications and get this one. The whole experience was great and I recommend having his team put it on without reservations.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Do any of you guys have actual before and after numbers? 1/4 mile? 0-60? Mpg?? Etc?? Thanks ...
This is what I am interested in as well. What is the calculatable difference before and after? 1/4 mile and 0-60 improvements are more interesting to me than MPG, although since they claim a decent MPG improvement, I'd like to see some actual numbers from customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought mine used with roughly 7300 miles on the truck. The computer says it averaged 16.8mgh. I have driven it back from north carolina to atlanta and around town. There is no difference in average and I have driven it quite hard at times(it definitely has not dropped). I have not tried the 0-60 times though. There is no comparison to the stock truck as far as acceleration and pickup. You would never go back to stock after driving this.
My daily driver has been a 2005 bmw m3 competition package six speed which is one of the best driving machines I have come across. After driving this truck for the last two weeks I may actually sell the bmw for this thing is quite fun and there is no lack of power-get one.

·
Site Sponsor
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey Guys! we just got back from validating our Supercharged ZR2 at the Best In the Desert Arizona 425 Pre-run.
ZR2 was stock, performed like a champ on the brutal terrain, all 140 miles of it. The low end power from the Supercharger and Custom Exhaust really helped the truck pull through the deep ruts, silt, and sand. Off-roading is new terrain for us, we have been bitten by the bug and will have more rugged trail adventures to share in the near
future. We will be posting some more pics and videos from the Parker 425 pre-run on our website soon.
Contact Chuck [email protected], call 216-905-0029, or go to our website http://mallettcars.com to order yourMallett Supercharger and Exhaust.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Guys! we just got back from validating our Supercharged ZR2 at the Best In the Desert Arizona 425 Pre-run.
ZR2 was stock, performed like a champ on the brutal terrain, all 140 miles of it. The low end power from the Supercharger and Custom Exhaust really helped the truck pull through the deep ruts, silt, and sand. Off-roading is new terrain for us, we have been bitten by the bug and will have more rugged trail adventures to share in the near
future. We will be posting some more pics and videos from the Parker 425 pre-run on our website soon.
Contact Chuck [email protected], call 216-905-0029, or go to our website www.mallettcars.com to order your
Mallett Supercharger and Exhaust.

I have a more specific question about the kit. From what I have heard (couple people from SEMA) the calibration is not a one for all. Seems to be everyone gets a different cal. I like that you guys are validating the cal, but how long until you send a calibration with the kit to be uploaded at home sort of like the Trifecta route? It seems like there is special per engine tuning involved. I know, for me, I don’t have much confidence in a calibration that works on one engine and not another. Ideally I would like a full kit I could complete in a weekend without sending my ECM. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Site Sponsor
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For a given model year, all our calibrations are identical. Every 2016 gets the 2016 tune, 2017 gets the 2017 tune, etc. The only custom parameters are by request (things like tire diameter correction). The "learning" parameters are still active, but our tune isn't different from truck to truck.

We looked at including a handheld tuner when we started making these kits. It would cost the customer more and wouldn't give us control of all the parameters we change on our software. It's also nice that we can do a cal compare to confirm that everything uploaded properly.

The ECM can be removed from the truck at the beginning of the supercharger install and we almost always turn them around same-day, so it usually doesn't add much time to installation.

·
Registered
357 Posts
For a given model year, all our calibrations are identical. Every 2016 gets the 2016 tune, 2017 gets the 2017 tune, etc. The only custom parameters are by request (things like tire diameter correction). The "learning" parameters are still active, but our tune isn't different from truck to truck.

We looked at including a handheld tuner when we started making these kits. It would cost the customer more and wouldn't give us control of all the parameters we change on our software. It's also nice that we can do a cal compare to confirm that everything uploaded properly.

The ECM can be removed from the truck at the beginning of the supercharger install and we almost always turn them around same-day, so it usually doesn't add much time to installation.

Thanks for the detailed response! If that’s the case I know that settles a lot of my concerns and would allow me to look more seriously. I’m interested to see how the zr2 in validation holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Site Sponsor
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Visit our website www.mallettcars.com for info on our
Mallett Supercharger for 2015-18 Colorado/Canyon and our Mallett Custom Cat-Back and Full Exhaust kits. Or contact Chuck [email protected] 216-905-0029 for more information.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am thinking about putting one of these on my truck in a year or 2. First I will be getting the full exhaust though. Do you have any videos of a truck with this SC installed? Anyone running E85 on these for even more HP?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think I'm pulling the trigger here pretty soon on one. I was just curious how difficult the installation is? Also, I have the Diablo i2 tuner with a custom tune for my aftermarket exhaust, intake, and larger throttle body. After install do I send you logs to calibrate or is one sent with the kit? Will my current aftermarket mods work with your supercharger? Thanks

1 - 20 of 381 Posts