Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This is just stupid!!! I refuse to participate in this kind of childish behavior. You’re sad? Well, grow a backbone (and a pair) and stand up for yourself!! It’s called tough love.

Ahhhh, just saying that made me feel better. LOL

gusto!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
...must have traded his truck in for a F*** Ranger

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, guys. I violated one of my rules. Don't post after cocktails and the evening news! "sad as hell" = I watched the news. I used to get angry a lot when I watched, but now it mostly just depresses me. "I'll just keep taking it" = we don't like the alternative.

I actually like some of the guesses better, but alas there were no winners. (sorta like the evening news). I really am a generally happy person, honest. I think you live longer that way.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Sorry, guys. I violated one of my rules. Don't post after cocktails and the evening news!
PUI: Posting Under the Influence.

As to your mood, the country's media has TDS: Trump Derangement Syndrome. I don't care for Trump at all, but I get sick of the coverage of unimportant stuff, like the USS McCain story, or what Trump and Meghan Markle think of each other, or Baby Trump flying in London. It's not like there aren't more important stories, but they get pushed aside.

And for one of my pet peeves, the press' coverage of when taxes get passed on to consumers. Taxes are not always passed on to consumers, as the press tries to claim, but they think they've finally found one example of where it doesn't just get passed on--when it's a tariff imposed on US goods. So basically according to the press when we impose tariffs on foreign goods, it doesn't impact anyone but US consumers, but when foreign countries impose tariffs on us it only hurts our manufacturers/farmers. It's actually much more complex than that, and somewhat controversial, so I won't go into it. If it wasn't entirely political I'd be glad the press was starting to see other options.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sorry, guys. I violated one of my rules. Don't post after cocktails and the evening news! "sad as hell" = I watched the news. I used to get angry a lot when I watched, but now it mostly just depresses me. "I'll just keep taking it" = we don't like the alternative.

I actually like some of the guesses better, but alas there were no winners. (sorta like the evening news). I really am a generally happy person, honest. I think you live longer that way.

No problem. . . I understand the feeling. I try not to watch the network news in the evening. And only a bit in the morning for local weather and some event.

On that note - - -

Do NOT watch the following Youtube . . . >:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
And then you remember that we're all caught up in one giant progress trap that has artificially inflated the human carrying capacity of the earth in a way that can't be sustained.

It's not the first time we've done it, but it is the first time that the scale is so great, there's no going back without incredible loss.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
We have piece and prosperity in the great USA! (despite what the media is telling us)

Nothing to be sad about.

I love watching the news in small doses, it used to piss me off, now it is so ridiculous it makes me laugh, a lot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts