Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys once again im trying to deal with rim issues. since the AR RT-S might be otu of the picture im thinking to go with boss 313s. i was told awhile ago that they wouldnt work cuz i would need to bore it out..but 06Xtreme had a set on his and he said it bolted perfectly right out of the box. anyways, they show two different specs for our bolt pattern. i dont know which to get. thanks

20x8.5, 6 on 5.5, +40mm, 6.288 backspace
or
20x8.5, 6 on 5.5, +14mm, 5.264 backspace
i want to call boss motorsports directly to see what the centre bore was exactly on these rims. but i cant seem to find the number.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I would go with the +40, the factory Xtreme wheels are +18 and they are almost flush. +14 may cause fender rash on bib dips if you lower yours.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
why dont you goto a wheel shop and get there advice, you dotn have to buy anything.. of course dont tell them that you arent interested in buying from them..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive called many already, they dont know much really to tell you the truth. i ask you guys cuz this is a forum for colorados only so alot of ppl on here know more then the shops.
p.s. i found a place that has those rims and realize they make one for the colorado but its still a +14 offset so i think it might rub once i do my 2/3 drop?. im gonna run 245-40-20 tires.
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/cg ... =265-45-20

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
OneShiftAway said:
Ive called many already, they dont know much really to tell you the truth. i ask you guys cuz this is a forum for colorados only so alot of ppl on here know more then the shops.
p.s. i found a place that has those rims and realize they make one for the colorado but its still a +14 offset so i think it might rub once i do my 2/3 drop?. im gonna run 245-40-20 tires.
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/cg ... =265-45-20

True.

Dont even ask me about fitting with a drop, lol.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have seen most run a 35 series with a 20", and a +14 will be very close , if not sitting under the fender lip.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
switzxx20 said:
lol what he means by 35 series is the number that dictates the size of the tire sidewall.

245/35/20 for example

And by +14 being close he means the rims and tires will not stick out past the fenders.

Look at my cardomain, I have the AR RT-S 20" with 245/35/20. Mine stick out a teeny bit in the rear, but barely
lol ok that helps man, i just thought he meant very close as in it would be hitting the inner wheel well. but that will work for me if they dotn stick out past the wheel wheels. rubbing is my only concern once i lower it 2/3 on a 245/40/20 tire. and ya ive looked at your truck pics a few times now. i just want your rims lol, but im having alot of problems finding them down here. if these boss rims work good, i can get them for under $1000 shipped and everything.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Most people that are running the Boss 313 wheels are driving Xremes. The Xtreme flares stick out far enough for the wheels to sit flush or slightly tucked. I have Boss 307 wheels and they only come in a +10mm offset and they sit right at the edge of my flares.

If you don't have an Xtreme, I would suggest getting the +40mm if you are set on the Boss 313 wheels. However, you will run the chance of rubbing the inner fender well up front.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright thanks, im still deciding on what root to go and what rim to pick. its starting to piss me off haha cuz i think about it to much.
and...
im assuming if a rim has a high +offset such as 30-40mm and doesnt show the bore size, then it should be as big as 100mm or more to fit my truck? cuz most are for the silverados etc ect. and show lower offset like 10-14mm. **** i wish i knew this stuff. and your saying with a 40mm my inner tire, will rub the inner upper or inner side wheel well and why?

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
A +40mm 8.5" wide wheel will be too far tucked in and may rub the inner fender well where it starts to curve down or you tires will rub the frame/sway bar at full turn. The back spacing will be about 6.07" for a +40mm offset on an 8.5" wide wheel.

Also, do not assume that a +30mm or greater offset will have a 100mm center bore. Especially if the width is wider than 8.5" then the offset means it will have a totally different back spacing than mentioned above.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts