Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Anyone have an a problem with your key sticking in the ignition. I believe the gearshift for the transmission has some type of interlock but Mikey is sticking in the ignition and I have to stop and start and jiggle the gearshift a few times in order to release the key. I hope someone else is having this problem and knows what the fix is thanks in advance for your help

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
There was someone on here a while back that had this problem and it had to do with the gearshift button getting stuck.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Yeah, new creative way of saying my key. "Mikey". :rofl Maybe it was his brother instead?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had a similar issue, the "fix" was to shift in and out of gear and eventually it released (usually took around 4 attempts). Turning the key to turn the vehicle on and off again or trying to jiggle the key didn't help at all. I was going to take it in to the dealer but the issue eventually resolved itself and hasn't come back since. I believe there's a service bulletin about the shift release button (the one you depress to shift out of park) sometimes not being properly seated but mine has full spring so I don't think in my case that was the cause.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't you know Mikey hates everything!!!! Including your ignition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.