Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working this into negotiations. I’m thinking the bed extended and the floor liners front and rear but that’s only about $500 worth. What else? It’s for a 2018 crew cab canyon SLE

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Get the bed sprayed, the paint is like tissue paper on these trucks...unless you never put anything in the bed.

Reactions: Plateado

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Dang it, well not really, nice that the truck already has it.

Fog lights ?
Fender flares ?

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Me personally, I like the GM side steps and mud flaps on my Colorado. And the factory floor liners are great too. Have fun bargaining. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Does this have to be $750? By what I read the GM floor liners are best. Seems like you can do better aftermarket on other items. I pulled my GM mud flaps off for Weathertech and would do the same again. From what I read the wheel well flares just fall off and/or promote rust. The money would probably be better spent having the dealer add a bead of seam sealer in the joint between the rear wheel well and body panel. Small rocks/gravel can be caught in this area and cause issues.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does this have to be $750? By what I read the GM floor liners are best. Seems like you can do better aftermarket on other items. I pulled my GM mud flaps off for Weathertech and would do the same again. From what I read the wheel well flares just fall off and/or promote rust. The money would probably be better spent having the dealer add a bead of seam sealer in the joint between the rear wheel well and body panel. Small rocks/gravel can be caught in this area and cause issues.

No but that’s kind of what I️ am aiming for. My dad said and did the same thing with the mud flaps on his Sierra.

Truck already has fog lights but that was also a good suggestion.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
No but that’s kind of what I️ am aiming for. My dad said and did the same thing with the mud flaps on his Sierra.

Truck already has fog lights but that was also a good suggestion.
Make sure the mats are the premium all weather mats at ~$190. Mats & extender for ~$250 seems too cheap.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I pulled my GM mud flaps off for Weathertech and would do the same again. From what I read the wheel well flares just fall off and/or promote rust. The money would probably be better spent having the dealer add a bead of seam sealer in the joint between the rear wheel well and body panel. Small rocks/gravel can be caught in this area and cause issues.

Agree on all of those . .. I have to check the pickup bed inner fender area for gravel.. and the Weathertech splash guards are the best.

Note. . The only reason the OEM Fender Flares will "fall off" or promote rust is if the fenders edges are not prepped properly and absolutely cleaned of all wax. polish, oils, dirt , etc before installing. I had the similar GM OEM flares on my 2005 Colorado and they are still intact and not falling off or rusting. I use naptha first to clean the fender edge, then follow up with CRC MAF Cleaner wiping in ONE direction using a clean paper towel for each wipe. Never use rags or scrap cloths that may have fabric softener on them from when they were clothes. Big mistake a lot of folks make. . . . fabric softener is wax!

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Premium floor liners rule.

The factory flaps are great and I got them as part of my deal to close the deal along with other items once they stopped moving on price. I also did my own install.

I got the GM bed extender through my work and love it.

Another option is the Sub woofer for the radio.

Steps and side bars are good if tossed in but the after market has many options.

Flairs are just an install issue as stated above. They fall off as they need a adhesion promoter from 3 m after they are cleaned and the metal is prepped. They are small pads that will promote the hold.

I do have concerns over dirt and grit getting behind them as the move even stuck on and the do get scratched behind them. Our trucks are too new to tell how these will react but many past trucks have had issues. I tend to just skip them unless they are already on or unless I need larger ones for larger tires like Bushwackers.

If yo go aftermarket flaps consider using 3m tape and black silicone as a gasket to keep the dirt out. The GM ones are hollow and use tape to keep the rub away.

Spray in liners are good as well as the Bedrug depending on your needs.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Genuine Gm Colorado Canyon Bed Mounted Tie Down Rings. Amazon shows price as just under $100 for a set of 4.
If you want to use the Gear-On accessories, sure. But I think those tie down rings are overpriced for use "just" as tie downs. Get a set of bullrings, Amazon often has a set of 9 for $100.

Can the dealer add the OEM built-in trailer brake controller? That is one of the few options I wish I could have gotten on my 2015.

I personally never get the desire for the bed extended, at least not for how I use my truck. Floor mats, tonneau cover, mud flaps perhaps.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you want to use the Gear-On accessories, sure. But I think those tie down rings are overpriced for use "just" as tie downs. Get a set of bullrings, Amazon often has a set of 9 for $100.

Can the dealer add the OEM built-in trailer brake controller? That is one of the few options I wish I could have gotten on my 2015.

I personally never get the desire for the bed extended, at least not for how I use my truck. Floor mats, tonneau cover, mud flaps perhaps.

Already has the brake controller too. Pretty loaded for a SLE from what I️ can tell.

I️ have the tonneau cover I️ want in mind and they don’t carry it so oh well on that one.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Add some good ceramic tint to the front windows - probably a dealer available option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.