Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wouldn't change anything. I bought exactly what I wanted. No compromises when I bought it.

- Preston

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would've gotten a limited slip with the manual if it was offered (will put one in someday). Otherwise I have no complaints in 60k+ miles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I probably would have gotten a different color, but that's about it. It's a nice color, but not my first choice...but it was cheap enough to not be worth having them locate for everything else I wanted on it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I’d still buy my truck. Maybe add the Bose system (having not heard it).

I owned a 2017 Z71 Ext Cab with the Bose. So I was able to listen to it for a year.

I then traded for a 2018 Z71 Crew Cab w/o the Bose. Knowing what I know now I should have kept looking for a Crew Cab with the Bose. My biggest regret.

Gusto!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wouldn't change a thing. Best toy I ever bought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got mine 10 days ago. First GM product I've ever owned (my wife has had a couple of Chevy sedans) so I'm still in the learning phase. Since I don't know what features are available, I can only mention features I have in other vehicles. I know that when winter comes I'll wish for a heated steering wheel. I wish it had: surround cameras that look forward & have the overhead view in addition back view; more storage under the rear seats; and a safety package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado 4cy WT. For a WT, I think a tow package should have been included.

Any advise about getting a tow package installed?

·
Registered
65 Posts
So, what you are really saying is you should have bought a FS truck?

It is amazing to me, I guess it is one of the advantages of living in Texas. So many of you guys were forced at gunpoint to pay a price for a truck that you feel was unreasonable. Here in Texas, if someone pulls a gun on you, good chance they may get shot. No way are they going to force us to pay an unacceptable price. We still have the arms-length deals. The door to the dealership is not locked during business hours, you just get up and walk out if you don't like the deal.
Ain't that the truth, the dirty little secret is about 40% - 60 % of what consumers buy is negotiable.
YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE THE AZZ
TO DO IT.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Currently Own:
2018 Z71 Duramax CC (4-Door) Long Bed
Graphite Metallic (hard to keep clean)
Leather, Bose, 8" Nav, WT Floor Liners
Trailer Brake Options, DE Braking, etc.

Added:
Thule Roof Rack (for my kayaks),
1.5" Front Lift & Rear Air-Bags (give big truck feel),
30-Inch RC Curved Light Bar (awesome light that fits the Colorado so well!),
AV Window Visors & Hood Deflector (great look!),
Air-Horn (real attention-getter, when needed),
Deer Whistles (can't hurt for driving in deer country),
Window Tinting (mostly to keep the heat level down),
Air-Dam Trim (nice look and provides some stiffness to quarter-panels).

My truck already had pretty much Everything that was offered.
18" wheels would have been nice!
I am considering lifting it a bit more and putting on more OR-Capable tires.
I would definitely consider a lighter color (like Pacific Blue Metallic) that is easier to keep clean.

My NEXT truck (in about 3 years) will be a Silverado for towing (likely) a 27'+ bumper hitch travel trailer.
Hopefully, by then, it will have ALL the self-driving and safety features currently found in cars such as the Tesla, and an even better MPG rating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In another thread someone posted asking about buying a Colorado and it got me thinking.
If you could start all over today knowing what you know and the experiences you've gone through what spec'd Colorado would you get?

I've own(ed):
2015 GMC Canyon SLE 3.6
Cyber grey
Crew cab
Extended box

Currently own:
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Summit white
Crew cab
Short box

Here's what I'd go with & why:
2019 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax (For the 6 speed, diesel, leather seats, 7000lbs towing, off road capable)
Satin steel metallic (Easier to keep clean)
Crew cab (Kids)
Extended box (I often find myself missing the longer bed and foot steps in the rear bumper)

What about you?
This is exactly what we have. Haha

Bill
A push button start.

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
A push button start.
But, can you buy a 2nd Gen Twin in any trim today with push button start?

I think what the original poster was asking, if you walked into a dealer today, would you buy a different truck than you have in your garage right now?

Outside of 4WD, and maybe dropping the safety package, I would have purchased the same truck in 2015. Sure, in 2020, the options and option packages have changed, so I might look at something slightly different, but overall, same truck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Push button start!! I miss some of the driver assistance toys my 2018 CR-V Touring has, and the push button start I've had in my last 3 vehicles. After nearly 20 vehicles over nearly 49 years of driver, I never thought I'd "like" much less miss push button start. :eek::eek:

·
Registered
337 Posts
I did push the button and ordered a 2020 Denali to replace my 2017 it was assembled July 18 in the first week of 2020 production. I got the integrated brake controller, engine block heater ( although my Canyon has a toasty garage to live in) and chrome side molding on the doors. The interior options have been upgraded and the infotainment center is 100% nicer. A couple of small items including back up assist are nice but I probably will not get another vehicle without the option where the horn honks when you reach the proper tire pressure :LOL:.
Had a clear bra installed yesterday and ordered a kit to put a ceramic protection on the paint.
The one thing I am happy has not changed is the key start, I have a Cherokee with push button and I hate it but mainly I dislike the engine stopping every time the vehicle does. If the Canyon had gained that feature I would have not purchased a new truck, even if it had a disable button like the Jeep it is a hassle to remember to punch it with every start.

·
Registered
102 Posts
  • Push button start, or at least made the fob part of the key so nothing is dangling
  • None of that "Climate Off" nonsense
  • Fix the auto-headlight sensor to work like every other car maker has figured out. This thing turns the headlights on when I pass under a tree in the middle of the afternoon.
  • Include the Off Road screens in the Z71.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I probably would have gotten a different color, but that's about it. It's a nice color, but not my first choice...but it was cheap enough to not be worth having them locate for everything else I wanted on it.
You know what’s funny? I can’t agree or disagree with your color choice. You didn’t say what color you have or what color you’d prefer. Even in your signature block you don’t reveal your color choice.

I honestly believe you don’t know what color truck you have w/o first looking out the window at it! LOL

Maybe you really bought a Silverado and are unaware!

Sorry - Please take this as the humor it was intended to be.

Gusto!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I played this game! I had a 2004 2WD Canyon SLE in silver birch - (gravel road gray!) I had wanted a Z71 and 4X4 but couldn't afford it. My 2018 is exactly the truck I wanted and still is, a Black CCSB Colorado Z71 4X4 with trailer package . the only thing I didn't want was the air dam;)

41 - 60 of 64 Posts