Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was curious how bad those were going to be. Ouch. I hope I don't have to replace these anytime soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
On the bright side, they aren't supposed to wear out like regular shocks. The bummer is I dont think I can just slap a set on my Z71 2wd, either. Not a chance at those prices, but it would be nice if they did actually fit and function properly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my carbon ceramic rotors on my vette are supposed to last the life of the vehicle and they don't from what the interwebs say.. especially if you track the car

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, no brake rotor should last the life of the car. Except maybe a crazy hybrid that uses the motor to regenerate. And on a slick car like your Z, its your duty to burn those out! LS7 is one of, if not the best motor I've driven.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
5100s are my plan as well. I knew that ZR2 shocks would be expensive, but not that much.....ugh

Nothing wrong with going to the 5100's. Besides you can replace all 4 of your 5100's 9 times for the cost of the ZR2 shocks which IMHO are way overrated for the price they want for them...If you want to spend that kind of money go out and buy some custom made King off road shocks, at least they are rebuildable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wonder if gm purposely charges that much to prevent people from putting them on non ZR2 trucks. Seeing as that's the main piece of the ZR2 package. And thinking back. I don't thing they were that expensive to install on the Camaro Z28.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Comparing these to Bilstein and Eibach shocks is pointless, they're a remote reservoir shock, and as such are going to be a lot more expensive and functional than a single tube. Compare it to an Icon, Fox, or King remote reservoir, and it starts to even out the price tag.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Comparing these to Bilstein and Eibach shocks is pointless, they're a remote reservoir shock, and as such are going to be a lot more expensive and functional than a single tube. Compare it to an Icon, Fox, or King remote reservoir, and it starts to even out the price tag.

This exactly. Idk why someone would even want to get buy DSSVs when kings are a little cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
This exactly. Idk why someone would even want to get buy DSSVs when kings are a little cheaper.

Maybe they work better? I watched a good comparison video between the Tacoma on Foxs and the ZR2. They said tv's Tacoma would bounce and skitter around, while the ZR2 just soaked it up and stayed straight over all the rough stuff. You can even see the difference in the video. Where the ZR2 glides right through in a straight line, the Tacoma was all over the place.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maybe they work better? I watched a good comparison video between the Tacoma on Foxs and the ZR2. They said tv's Tacoma would bounce and skitter around, while the ZR2 just soaked it up and stayed straight over all the rough stuff. You can even see the difference in the video. Where the ZR2 glides right through in a straight line, the Tacoma was all over the place.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Oh I don't doubt they work better, but the amount of measuring and possible modification someone would have to do to make sure the dssv fit on a non ZR2 just doesn't seem worth the extra cost. I have heard kings are a little bouncy/jittery on the road. Maybe I'm just thinking too much lol. It'd be sweet to see someone put kings on a ZR2 and compare it to a stock ZR2 side by side.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

The same level of shock from King or Fox is at the same price point, or higher. IMHO the DSSV is the superior shock based on my assometer and riding in rigs with high end Fox shocks.

Reactions: G2SKIER

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The same level of shock from King or Fox is at the same price point, or higher. IMHO the DSSV is the superior shock based on my assometer and riding in rigs with high end Fox shocks.

My assometer is quite happy with the way they ride as well...I really hope they come out with a longer version.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It'd be sweet to see someone put kings on a ZR2 and compare it to a stock ZR2 side by side.
I hope they do. I would consider picking up the cast-off DSSVs for the rear of my truck. From what I can see, should be an easy upgrade for regular twins.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I hope they do. I would consider picking up the cast-off DSSVs for the rear of my truck. From what I can see, should be an easy upgrade for regular twins.

Right, in theory it's just a 1" block and you're good to go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.