Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
be careful man, whenever we get bad ice storms our trees start breaking everywhere, power outages, stuff like that.

plus everyone on the road craps their pants and forgets how to drive in bad weather.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I can't imagine how cold that is. I live in south louisiana and I am glad I never have to deal with that. I was working outside yesterday, it had to be 80-85 degrees, I got a a nice sunburn going on.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its 18 degrees, and the truck is not going any were, just the thought of a rear wheel drive on 3 inches of ice :shock: we've been hit just like this last year but with all the power outages here at the house we went 12 days with no power... I think last year cleaned out all the trees so we made it through better this time :wink: these pics are from this morning :shock:

·
Registered
499 Posts
looks like ya'll got hit pretty hard down there, i'm two hours north of you, at Whiteman AFB, and we barely got anything. we got enough to get the ground wet.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine was like that the other day. My wife and daughter ,in Jeep Liberty, lost control on a bridge in these backroads(not a lot of traffic). Did a 360, ended up on the other side of the road with a tractor trailer coming at them. She made it around the truck safely, but scared the crap out of both of them.
Those Jeeps are great in 4wd, but she says she didn't think of it cause there was no snow on the ground. Couldn't help but laugh.
Seems with the lower temps we've been getting, a lot more ice than snow.
Funny, I'm watching the weather now...snow storm warning in affect. There is no cosistency in the weather here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I seen that there is more ice this year all over the US then snow. My sister lives in Maine and she has even had some ice this year she said that they rarely get ice like they got this year .
Check this out one week ago we were in the 70's and had a major outbreak of tornadoes

What is going on

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
About 4 hrs away from you in saint louis,mo we just sleet glad for that last years ice strom was terrieble.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah we got a very early October storm last year.Lot's of ice followed by 3 feet of very heavy snow. Power was out for more than weak for some people.Declared a federal disaster. We call it the October storm around here. Don't get to many in October.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts