Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I want to go with a lift maybe a 1.5 Inch lift and leveled. I would like to run 17" rims and tires from a Silverado for looks.....but I know that entails a lot of extra work getting the spedo calibrated and such. Is there a 15" tire that would fill up the space and give the truck a bit taller and better looking stance....or do I have to go to 17". Also, I have read about taking the Silverado rims to a machine shop to have bored to 101mm. I would also like some help and advice about the height of lift to support 17" rims and tires if I have to go that route. I would like to go to an all terrrain type of tire. My truck is a 2006 with only 80k miles and no rust. I am going to pull jetskis and maybe a boat here and there, but only a 20 minute ride to the water. I realize there is a bunch of info here in the forums, but I just signed up and I am a bit new to looking through all the info and finding what I need. Any advice on what to do with size of rim and tire and lift would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok guys.....I have been looking on the internet and was wondering would a 265 75R 15 tire fit the standard rims and would that help to fill up the space and make the the truck a bit taller? I have the crew cab LT 4x4 Z71 2006 Colorado

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
You can crank your torsion bars to give you a 2 inch lift in the front, if you do you need to do a diff drop, to raise the back, 2 inches you will need 8inch shackels, already has 4 inch on it. You do not need the after market torsion keys, keep the ones you have

those tires will work just fine on your stock wheels

oh and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hunter62! Can you also answer me one more question please? If I do the 2" lift on the truck as a 1.5 body lift will I be able to run 17" rims and tires without rubbing? Also, what all is involved with getting the spedo recalibrated for the bigger rims and tires?
Thanks again,

Matt

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
The diameter of the rim has very little bearing on rubbing, it is the size of the tire, plus the off-set of the rim

off-set is, how much does it stick out to the side then stock,

if you raise it 2 inches and then do a 1.5 body lift, you can run a 31-32 inch tire on stock z71 wheels or Cragar 8 wheels

should be able to find some 2010-12 Z71 wheels pretty cheap

the Cragar 8 wheels are real popular on the first gen trucks

going with a 17 inch rim, same, 31-32 inch diameter tire

use a speed app on your phone and memorize it instead of reprogramming your bcm to change the speedometer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts