Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also any dealer should be able to tell if it has already been completed if your truck is in the date range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
According to the TSB I posted, yours is in the window where you may want to get it done while in warranty. GM starting using the new fluid in new vehicles in March 2019. Everything from 2017 to 2019 "could" have the problem. The concerned all cars that use this transmission. Cadilac, GMC and Chevy. If yours is working well you don't have to do the service. I wanted mine done, I have about 16000 on my 2019 and because of the hard shifts I wanted it done while free. It takes 20 quarts of pretty expensive synthetic fluid to do it and I know GM sent a special machine to dealers to suck out the old. I am just hoping it helps mine. We will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There’s more positive than negative on the twins. Heck, you go on any automobile forum, and people will always have something negative to say. The Colorado and Canyon are outstanding trucks and lead the midsize market in refinement and ingenuity. Just read the reviews, as they are second to none in the segment.
I have a 2017 Z71 and so far I had to have the torque converter replaced after a year, a windshield washer pump and now the driver seat is splitting at the seam. I like the truck but I’m a bit put off by what I consider quality issues.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have a 2017 Z71 and so far I had to have the torque converter replaced after a year, a windshield washer pump and now the driver seat is splitting at the seam. I like the truck but I’m a bit put off by what I consider quality issues.
The driver's seat is a common problem, and something they changed by 2019 (maybe before). GM really should step up to the plate and replace those.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have owned many GM light trucks over the years from S10's to K2500's (still have one of those). The only bad experience I have had was with a very early diesel (the Olds conversion, and after the engine failed I replaced it with a solid 455 and drove it another 80,000 miles). As much as I have liked the Silverados, the GMC Canyon I have is my all-time favorite. Some claim that brand new trucks on the lot have problems, but honestly mine has not had any issues at 21,000 miles including a fair amount towing and high rpm. I did switch to the new trans fluid just as a precautionary. I would say go for it, because if you read the forums on any brand or model (well maybe except the Tundra LOL) you will see plenty of complaints and just seize up on buying anything.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts