Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I made the call to move up to a Sierra on Saturday.

Why? My Canyon was the 1st pickup I ever owned let alone drove. I took a 3yr lease last May 2017 because I wasn't even sure I would like it and wanted 'an out' so to speak = 3yr lease.
Turns out I like the pickup more than I thought.
I also 'settled' on the midsize because I didn't think I'd need a full size AND I wasn't sure that the full size would fit in my driveway.

Went and saw the dealer on Saturday morning and took out a 2018 Sierra SLT - basically the test drive was to see if it would fit in the driveway - yes I'm serious that is all I did with the truck.
5mins later I was back at the dealer and ready to proceed.

I had no negative equity on the Canyon = win win.

I pick the new truck up tmrw night @5pm. It comes with everything I could imagine. Folding mirrors, ventilated seats, sunroof etc etc etc.
Also with $14k in incentives it just made sense.

Now towing my Coachmen 248rbs will be even easier :)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Hey, if the FS works for you, do it. No reason in my book to apologize.

My lifestyle, the FS truck would be too much truck 99% of the time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If it works for your needs, congrats on both being smart and not having negative equity, and on getting a good deal on the truck you need!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Nice truck congrats! Funny when people drive a truck they realize how great they are whether midsize or full size...glad it works for you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just did the opposite 2 weeks ago when I traded my Sierra extended cab for a Colorado crew. I don’t tow anything heavy and the most hauling I do is from Lowe’s or Home Depot or maybe some furniture once a year. The midsize suits us better and the kids and wife say the back seat of the Colorado has more room than the Sierra extended cab.

Just curious, how did you get out of your lease so early?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer was able to sell my Canyon on some internal dealer/wholesaler auction site for the same price as was owing on the lease. So I walked away clean.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's only the natural trend for most truck owners :grin: Is your new SLT 6.2 or 5.3?

The one thing I hate about the full-size platform (Sierra, Silverado, Tahoe, Yukon, Burb) is the gearing of either the 6L80 or rear end paired to the 5.3 L83. First gear takes off like a rocket, then the next one falls flat on its face. Could never get used to it.

All of the above full-size trucks are much more comfortable though in every aspect. I didn't mind the Canyon because I actually like a stiffer ride (feels connected to the road, helps keep me awake), but most people love the plush ride of full-size.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with the 5.3

I'll keep an eye/ear out for the gear switching - thanks.
Picking it up tonight and heading out for a dinner road trip to celebrate.

As for size - I did like the Canyon. I'm 6.2' and about 270 and the front seats were fine for me. I did wish that the seats were a little longer in the Canyon to support the part of my legs before the knees - felt like they were always 'dropping' off a cliff.
The backseat of the Canyon crewcab was ok for smaller adults etc- but I wouldn't want to be in there for an extended period of time.

The Sierra? I could sleep there quite comfortably.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts