Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been calling around for a couple months now to all the local dealers looking for some cheap LT takeoffs with no luck. I've called all 16 Chevy dealers within 50 miles multiple times. Found a ton of the Z71 17s and the price/grey 18s. Finally today I just happened to stumble across a set. The guy I talked to didn't even know what the LT rims were so I had him text me a picture. Sure enough it was them but still mounted to tires. I asked the guy how much for the wheels alone and he said he'd rather not split them up and just get rid of the whole set. He said, "How about $100?". I thought he for sure meant per which is still a hell of a deal. No. He meant for all 4. I just got 4 brand new wheels, tires, and sensors for $100 cash. The cheapest I've seen locally for just the wheels has been $450 and those were scratched. Dropping them off at the powder coating place next week. Finally a deal so good the wife can't complain.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Holy crap, you did steal them!! I'm trying to get the Canyon 17" ones and best I can do locally was a take-off set a few months ago at about $600 but didn't work out. Best I can do now is about $700!

Trying to go away from the 18's cause I'm so tired of fighting the air pressure fluctuations from the thinner sidewall that's standard on the SLT with that rim. Can't imagine a Denali! That and once I put the lift on (2-3") I can go to 265/70-17's which are a standard size for the Silverado's and more readily available.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Holy crap, you did steal them!! I'm trying to get the Canyon 17" ones and best I can do locally was a take-off set a few months ago at about $600 but didn't work out. Best I can do now is about $700!

Trying to go away from the 18's cause I'm so tired of fighting the air pressure fluctuations from the thinner sidewall that's standard on the SLT with that rim. Can't imagine a Denali! That and once I put the lift on (2-3") I can go to 265/70-17's which are a standard size for the Silverado's and more readily available.
I have a set of silver painted 6 spoke 17 x 8 off of my 2016 Canyon SLE with good TREATED tires, but have no sensors. 500 bucks. I'm located just outside of Memphis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a set of silver painted 6 spoke 17 x 8 off of my 2016 Canyon SLE with good TREATED tires, but have no sensors. 500 bucks. I'm located just outside of Memphis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Thanks for the offer! Looking for these ones though.... Found the part# a few days ago, just sucks because shipping just really isn't an option because of the size/weight!

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Man I been trying to get rid of mine for like a year now at $100/ea no one in this are seems even slightly interested in OEM wheels
Price is probably too high. I got 4 Z71 takeoffs with 2 miles on them complete with centers, sensors, and mounted and balanced Wranglers for $200.00 from my dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Price is probably too high. I got 4 Z71 takeoffs with 2 miles on them complete with centers, sensors, and mounted and balanced Wranglers for $200.00 from my dealer.
Maybe but a $400ish OEM wheel for 25% the price with no tax is about as low as Im gonna go. Any cheaper and they'll cost less than steelies. :serious:

Personally I think it's just being in CA. Twins are few and far between and even those are rarely customized yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.