Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have spoken to many mechanics right now at this point and I have a fantastic mechanic that is a family member- it is realized that this is a manufacturer issue and not a user issue and that Chevrolet needs to create a bulletin for this problem so I am trying to work on that right now-I really hope that they are not stalling on the bulletin because of a fiscal quarterly report matter?

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
I have spoken to many mechanics right now at this point and I have a fantastic mechanic that is a family member- it is realized that this is a manufacturer issue and not a user issue and that Chevrolet needs to create a bulletin for this problem so I am trying to work on that right now-I really hope that they are not stalling on the bulletin because of a fiscal quarterly report matter?
so you got it fixed?

we all know it is a GM problem, not a user problem, unless the user lets the water in the tank to drop below the level mark.

My neighbor has a "fantastic mechanic" that is her husband. He does it for a living. I showed/helped him how to convert drum brakes over to disc on her 1985 Jeep CJ. not a clue

Reactions: Jae2017LT

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
2,064 Posts
They do have a huge write up on how to purge air from the system.
ill look in a bit unless I missed a link above?

Reactions: Jae2017LT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
so you got it fixed?

we all know it is a GM problem, not a user problem, unless the user lets the water in the tank to drop below the level mark.

My neighbor has a "fantastic mechanic" that is her husband. He does it for a living. I showed/helped him how to convert drum brakes over to disc on her 1985 Jeep CJ. not a clue
I made the complaint with Chevrolet I got the complaint number- I told Chevrolet that there needs to be a bulletin for this issue -the truck is scheduled to be serviced this week and I will report back thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The truck was serviced, the thermostat was changed and the gasket changed( prior to the job the temperature gun read around 150°, then after the thermostat was installed the readings were around 190/ 195 which is the highest I've seen the vehicle even though it still is not reaching 210). So far the fan has not come on and the gauge is showing around 190 and I'm not hearing any water rushing sounds. I will update when I hear back from Chevrolet in regards to my complaint number and I will update after a few days of using the vehicle.

·
Registered
7,503 Posts
The truck was serviced, the thermostat was changed and the gasket changed( prior to the job the temperature gun read around 150°, then after the thermostat was installed the readings were around 190/ 195 which is the highest I've seen the vehicle even though it still is not reaching 210). So far the fan has not come on and the gauge is showing around 190 and I'm not hearing any water rushing sounds. I will update when I hear back from Chevrolet in regards to my complaint number and I will update after a few days of using the vehicle.

Just wondering as I do not know, where do you take a heat reading with the gun?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
From what I understand there are different locations for each engine design for the thermostat location (I think the best idea is to get the Chilton manual and ask your dealership to find out what engine code you have if you don't have the original spec sheet) so you would look up your engine code, look for where the thermostat would be located on your engine, and aim it at the thermostat- you can also aim it at the radiator and the hose to the radiator but I'm not a mechanic I'm just telling you what I saw that was done.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts