Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found allot of info on this site for the React Throttle Optimizer, so I wanted to give a little information. I purchased the Off-Road Model Part#105202 off of Amazon. This part number says that it does not fit the Canyon 3.6, but after talking to Hypertech, they assured me that it does. Amazon list this for the 18-20 Jeep Wrangler 2.0T & 3.6 and the 2020 Gladiator 3.6. The throttle connections are the same for the jeeps and our trucks. According to Hypertech, GM and Jeep share this same throttle. (It would be interesting to find out what other parts the two share :)

According to Hypertech, you can download their software and different tunes for the React, such as changing the Mud/Sand setting to Heavy Tow for example. Haven't tried it yet to confirm, but I will probably be doing so. From the way Hypertech explained it to me on the phone, I can change any one of the pre-programmed modes, except for stock, to another tune. So in theory, you can have crawl and tow or heavy tow or track on any model that you buy. You can verify this for yourself through Hypertech, but they were really nice on the phone and very helpful with my questions. The Off-Road model has 5 modes - Mud/Sand, Street, Eco, Crawl, Stock. In my testing today, the street mode is fun. Much better throttle response, almost too much cranked up to 5. Economy mode is gonna get used allot. Very slow rolling into the throttle and where my foot normally lays on the pedal keeping me moving along at 65-70, I'm now poking along at 55. Much easier for me to behave and keep my speed down and hopefully mpg's up. Mud/Sand mode was really hard to figure out. It feels like it's trying to build power slower than street and faster than eco just avoiding too much wheel spin. I will really have to test this off-road to see. Crawl Mode is a little awkward. Slow throttle response, but it seems to keep building power where you'd be breaking the tires loose. I have a few hill climbs in mind where crawl could be better tested and tuned. Looks like I'll be taking the laptop out with me on my next adventure and doing some tuning on the controller. So far though, the street mode, eco mode are worth the purchase price.

Speaking of price - Amazon sells part number 105202 for the jeep for $285. I found a few other sites offering it for $329 and Hypertech sells it for $400 on their site. Hypertech is the Amazon Vendor, so go figure why they're asking $115 more on their web site? Hypertech said that their 3 year warranty applies to Amazon Purchases from Hypertech, so skip the Amazon Warranty that they offer for another $50 - $75. I don't have another off-road trip planned until mid February, but I'll try to throw some updates out here when I can.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so this is basically the same as a Pedal Commander?
Yep. My understanding is, the Hypertech React is basically the same thing without the errors experienced by allot of pedal commander users. It's also got a built in automatic bypass safety in case of Failure. I watched allot of Pedal Commander fail videos and just wasn't comfortable going that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts