Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some questions regarding the rear wheel well liners that have been discussed in other threads but questions not fully answered:

1. Do they install over the existing felt/fabric factory liners, or do the factory liners need to come out first?

2. If the factory liners do NOT come out then I assume you would still get the benefit of the sound dampening of the fabric liners. Does adding the plastic have any impact on sound/noise level?

3. I have GM OEM fender flares which I added as well as the WeatherTech Mud Flaps. Are there any issues with installing the liners with flares and flaps? It sounded like possibly flaps interfere but wasn't sure if this was just an installation issue or if you can't have both liners and flaps? If not an issue are longer screws required because the liners may use some of the same holes as the flares and/or flaps?

4. Is there any drilling involved or do they use existing holes?

5. Do the liners cover the part of the frame that is visible?

6. Any other issues/comments on how these look, fit, perform

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have some questions regarding the rear wheel well liners that have been discussed in other threads but questions not fully answered:

1. Do they install over the existing felt/fabric factory liners, or do the factory liners need to come out first?

2. If the factory liners do NOT come out then I assume you would still get the benefit of the sound dampening of the fabric liners. Does adding the plastic have any impact on sound/noise level?

3. I have GM OEM fender flares which I added as well as the WeatherTech Mud Flaps. Are there any issues with installing the liners with flares and flaps? It sounded like possibly flaps interfere but wasn't sure if this was just an installation issue or if you can't have both liners and flaps? If not an issue are longer screws required because the liners may use some of the same holes as the flares and/or flaps?

4. Is there any drilling involved or do they use existing holes?

5. Do the liners cover the part of the frame that is visible?

6. Any other issues/comments on how these look, fit, perform

Thanks in advance!

Question #1) The factory liners need to be removed in order to install the Husky liners.

Question #2) First part answered above, but I didn't notice any difference in the noise levels once I installed the Husky liners. Bear in mind that I am old and half deaf, so you may wish to treat my response with some well-deserved skepticism.

Question #3) I can't help you with the flares part of the question as my vehicle does not have flares, but I can state categorically that the Husky liners do not take into account the possibility that the vehicle might have mud flaps. I had to cut the rear edge of the Husky liners significantly in order for them to coexist with my Weather Tech mud flaps.

Question #4) Drilling is definitely required. See the following append I made previously concerning the installation of these puppies for more information on this aspect of the installation: http://coloradofans.com/forums/4099506-post20.html

Question #5) Yes, the liners do extend down over a goodly portion of the frame rail that is visible with the factory liners.

Question #6) The link I cited in Question #4) applies to this question.

If I didn't sufficiently answer any of your your questions, follow up and I'll see if I can do better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Your information is very helpful! Too bad about the mud flap issue. How hard was it for you to cut/trim the liners? What kind of tool did you use?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you. Your information is very helpful! Too bad about the mud flap issue. How hard was it for you to cut/trim the liners? What kind of tool did you use?
It wasn't too difficult to trim the liners. I just put the liner into its natural position and eyeballed where to make the cut with the mud flap held up to it. I used tin snips to make the cut (have multiple pairs laying around that got too dull for precision metal work) but I'm sure any similar cutting device would work just as well.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but do the Husky Liners provide better rear wheel well protection than the OEM carpet that comes with the truck?

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
89 Posts
Can anyone who has installed these show pictures of how much more frame they cover versus the stock ones? I am trying to cover the body lift gap.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well I can confirm everything posted about the fit in the link above. I have a set and did a preliminary fit and found all of that out. Not happy and have not decided what I am going to do. I have used rear wheel liners on a number of trucks before and loved them, but they were generally a comparable fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.