Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have looked at all (I think) Husky floor mat threads and have not found the answer I am looking for. Basically...Husky offers two different types of floor mats: The X-Act Contour (which is a softer rubber type) and the Weatherbeater (which is a harder plastic type - similar to Weathertech). I am leaning towards the X-Act Contour, however I am hoping to find someone here with experience on these. The threads I have read all say they have the Husky mats and love them, but do not distinguish between which type they have.

Does anyone have any experience on which they chose and why? Or if one is a better choice than the other?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
For the first time I actually prefer the OEM over my Husky liners, which are Weatherbeaters. The raised lines are problematic to clean, and would prefer the diamondplate pattern of the old Husky's.

OEM

Husky Weatherbeater

Far as I can tell, the X-act fit ones just have a little more diamondplate pattern instead of lines.

·
Registered
238 Posts
For me, the Husky X-Act Contour mats are the way to go. I've had them in two different trucks now and they are a perfect fit, with the soft rubber adding a non slip advantage.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I've had Husky's in every truck since my 99 Tacoma. I love them.
My Canyon is my 4th set of Husky's.

I honestly don't know what mine are called - LOL - I just ordered the cheapest ones. Husky has always been a favorite of mine and they haven't disappointed me yet.

You can't go wrong with either.....

Alright, can anyone tell me WhyTF these photos are flipped and how do I fix it? Photos directly off iphone, airdropped to ipad....

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Agreed! I have them in mine and they outperform the Weathertech's that I had in my Explorer. I will use the Husky liners for this point forward!

Reactions: Janster

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have had both the Weathertech's and Husky's. I found the Weathertechs easier to clean. That said, once I saw the GM ones, I ordered them. Couldn't be happier. Price was right and they seem to be the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I went with the Husky X-Act Contour Mats & 2 years (And winters) later I would buy them all over again. I looked at all options pretty closely went with Husky because I liked their coverage, the softer material & lower cost (Vs Weathertech). They hold all the melted snow that I've encountered & pull out easily to clean etc. One unique feature is how they partially cover the plastic sill area that often gets scuffed up getting in & out of the truck.

The Husky X-Act Contour Mats are the ones with the "raised lines" @Thunderbear refers to above. Those "raised Lines" are Engineered into the mats to keep your pant cuff from resting in any water that may of settled on your mat from melted snow etc.

The GM Premium All Weather mat looks not bad (I like how high the coverage is on the edge along the trans tunnel), however there has been some complaints about them "Bulging up".
http://coloradofans.com/forums/114-...ium-all-weather-floor-liners-2015-canyon.html

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Z71 mats. They are ok. Problem is the left foot rest is not covered and snow/salt melts there creating salt embedded carpet. Hard to keep clean. So I want a mat that covers it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Does anyone know who makes these GMPP mats?
https://www.gmpartscenter.net/oem-p...mS8ZiZ0o2Taftfjh0drR47EHFY2AMrahoCq4YQAvD_BwE

They fit perfect and are non slip, easy to clean. The Bow Tie is a must.:grin2:
Sold by GM, not sure who manufactures them. I got these with my truck, the fronts were fairly decent for a stock mat, but the rear set didn't provide that great of coverage. I just preferred the greater coverage provided by the Husky mats. Ended up selling them for $100 CAD (Front & Rears).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have the Z71 mats. They are ok. Problem is the left foot rest is not covered and snow/salt melts there creating salt embedded carpet. Hard to keep clean. So I want a mat that covers it...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO The Husky, Weathertech & the one GM Mat pictured are all pretty good mats that provide decent coverage, pretty much personal preference. Best bet would be to physically look at all three & see which one you like then factor in what the pricing is on each.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the Husky weatherbeater ones. The only complaint I have is I wish they went up a little higher on the side by the gas pedal. I rest my foot against the side there sometimes and will notice dirt on the carpet above the liner. But other than that I like them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have the Husky x act. Overall love the liner. Tougher to clean with the ridges but they also keep the dirt away from pants, etc. Have held their shape, which was my main purchase reason, and the edge over the entrance is appreciated. Considered weathertech and Chevy, but not any other huskys.

I didn't love the 'platform' for the gas pedal at first, but my size 13 steel toes still fit in there. Guess I got used to it cause it hadn't even crossed my mind in awhile; total non-issue now.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Long time WeatherTech fan. Went with Husky's Xact fit for this truck... I'm sold. Won't ever go back to WT, I think the Huskys are that much better.

Regardless of what you end up wanting (as long as it's not the GM mats) - shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to get you set up and can save you a few bucks in the process ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the husky weather beaters. Personally I love them but my wife hates them since her heal slip on the hard plastic easily. I find them durable and easy to sweep out the dirt with out removing them. I have them front and rear and this is my second pair. Had same mats in my 2015. So if you are married to a girl that wears heal, Beware!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I tried the X-act, but for me with a size 11.5 foot, the X-act has this raise platform below the gas pedal that made it very uncomfortable to get a good foot position on the gas pedal...and actually to the point of being dangerous. I returned X-act mats and went with the OEM floor mats which I think are actually nicer then the Husky's were.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the husky weather beaters. Love them! I've had weather tecs in vehicles of past and the Huskies are far superior. I opted for the weather beaters over the xact contour just to get the harder material. To me it seemed like it would clean better. I also like the fact that with the harder material I can easily take the mat out and dump it without spilling the water or dirt it holds because it stays rigid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Husky weatherbeater ones. The only complaint I have is I wish they went up a little higher on the side by the gas pedal. I rest my foot against the side there sometimes and will notice dirt on the carpet above the liner. But other than that I like them.
I feel the same way about them going up higher on the side by the gas pedal!

Reactions: CrashFix
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.