Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

How would you haul a Ryker?

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ansh 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought provoking question for the forum. I've been considering getting a Can-Am Ryker for a while now because they look fun as hell and are cheap! The problem is they have a tiny gas tank that only gives them a range of about 100-150 miles. Which makes using it for anything longer than a joyride difficult.

Fortunately our trucks have more than enough power to carry something of that size and weight!

But how would you actually do that?

Needing to carry around 3 ramps (or one really wide one) to get it in and out of the bed seems annoying and that's if you can even get it to fit. Meanwhile using a trailer just feels a little overkill to me.

Tow dolly? I don't know, I'm curious.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Sports gear

See less See more
#2 ·
width wise will it fit? set wheels on wheel wells? or back it up the ramps with front wheels on tail gate?

#4 ·
Our truck bed can't be at the right dimensions to carry that properly. I'd stick to a toy hauler or dolly, especially if you could find other reasons to use them.

#6 ·
A range if 100-150 miles is only limited by your ability to find gas stations. My motorcycle gets about 120-140 before the gas light comes on but it doesn't limit where I can go.

As far as hauling, the Ryker is definitely oversized for any practical in-bed hauling in our trucks. A trailer would really be your best bet. How often do you plan to haul it somewhere though rather than ride it there? Do you currently haul a motorcycle on road trips? I only ask because if it isn't very often then I definitely agree that a trailer seems like overkill.

#7 ·
I don't currently have one, so this is all new to me. Figuring out how often I would ride it is something I need to work out to justify buying the Ryker. I'm in central MD. Between the Delmarva peninsula and the panhandle there's plenty of places for a "ride." But if I'm going somewhere a bit further, say like OBX, I don't think I'd want to have to stop 3 or 4 times to fill up.

I guess the range has me worried because my daily commute is 80 miles round-trip. In my head I'm coming at it from perspective of "do I want to fill this up every day?"

#8 ·
Hello, fellow Marylander. First of all if you’ve ever sat on a motorcycle for two hours or better, you’ll probably be ready to get off and stretch your legs and gas up, anyway. If I was to haul something like that I would definitely use a utility trailer with some good tie down straps. Don’t buy those little one inch things, either. You can always use the trailer for other chores too. Towing a trailer isn’t difficult and the safety factor alone is worth the price of the trailer. Check Craigslist and the local classifieds and you can find a used one that will suit your needs. The Ryker looks pretty cool, good luck with your new toy(s).

Reactions: HED
#9 ·
With a trailer. Especially since I doube the 60" width of that thing would fit in the bed of the truck. It would be CLOSE and you'd have to drive over the wheelwells

I've moved some motorcycles and quads in the back of my truck and I'd rather avoid the stress/anxiety of getting up and down those ramps. Plus that frees up the bed space for gas cans, tents, whatever.

#11 · (Edited)
If you need to haul a can am accessories Ryker, there are a few different options available depending on your needs and equipment. Here are a few possibilities:
  1. Trailer: The most common way to haul a Ryker is by using a trailer. There are a variety of trailers available specifically designed for hauling motorcycles, such as flatbed trailers or enclosed trailers with wheel chocks and tie-down points. Make sure the trailer is rated to carry the weight of the Ryker and that you secure it properly with straps or tie-downs.
  2. Truck Bed: If you have a pickup truck with a long enough bed, you can load the Ryker onto the bed using a loading ramp and secure it with straps or tie-downs. Make sure the truck bed is clean and free of debris, and that you secure the Ryker properly to prevent it from shifting or tipping during transport.
  3. Motorcycle Carrier: There are carriers available that attach to the rear of a vehicle and allow you to haul a motorcycle or Ryker. These carriers usually require a hitch receiver and can be secured with straps or tie-downs.
Regardless of the method you choose, it's important to take proper precautions to ensure safe and secure transport of your Ryker. Make sure you use appropriate equipment and follow manufacturer guidelines for loading and securing your Ryker for transport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.