Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the '11 with the Split Bench driver's seat. It's quite worn and I want to replace it or rebuild it. Has anyone done this?

To rebuild, it seems to me I just need the "seat cushion pad," and the "seat cover" for the split-bench driver's seat. Is this correct? and what is the process of replacing these parts on my truck?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Darin Bemis in Keene NH is the seat king. 603-357-8911.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have the '11 with the Split Bench driver's seat. It's quite worn and I want to replace it or rebuild it. Has anyone done this?

To rebuild, it seems to me I just need the "seat cushion pad," and the "seat cover" for the split-bench driver's seat. Is this correct? and what is the process of replacing these parts on my truck?
A friend of mine with a Gen 1 discovered Hummer H3 seats are direct-fit bolt-ins. Much more comfortable ... could be worth a trip to the junk yard.

·
Registered
392 Posts
H3 seats won’t be easy to come by I expect.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Just some quick pointers on how to ditch that 60/40 seat. I went about it this way.
Picked up a driver side bucket seat from a yard for the frame or cut the extension off original frame.
Bought a new seat cover from GM and foam pad if needed. 100_5565.JPG 100_5552.JPG 100_5553.JPG 100_5566.JPG 100_5567.JPG 100_5578.JPG
Pick up hog rings and pliers , cover the pad and swap everything over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just replaced my driver seat foam cushion. It was super worn from people getting in and out over the years. The outer area of the foam was collapsed and foam bits were always falling off and getting all over the carpet.
I ordered the foam seat piece off of ebay. It was pretty expensive, like $150ish for the 60/40 with shipping. I wanted the back rest foam too but couldn't afford both. There is just four bolts holding the seat in, at least on my 2009. Super easy to take out. After the seat is out its pretty easy, does take a while though. I discoverd the foam bits that were falling every where was not coming from the seat but from this thin layer of foam that is attached to the underside of the seat cover. I had some scraps of fabric and some spray adhesive. I used that to cover the foam that was flaking. before putting the cover on the new foam seat. I also attached some of the fabric to the bottom of the seat cushion to protect the new foam from some sharp areas on the metal seat. The sharp areas had cut deeply into the old foam, which is probably why the seat was not supportive anymore.
The seat looks tons better and is more comfortable. Now I'm going to order some seat covers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts