Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
561 - 580 of 658 Posts
265/75/16 outer diameter is the same as 265/70/17. The 265/75/16 technically has a taller sidewall (75 aspect ratio) but since it is on a smaller rim (16”) it comes out to about the same size as a 265/70/17. I don’t think 265/75/17s exist, or if they do they aren’t very popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my fault. I meant the 70 and not 75. I appreciate the explanation though!

I'm putting this here for maybe someone else to confirm since a lot may look at what fits instead of why it fits.

So from my understanding of the 17" is the 2" lift/level will possibly cause rubbing on the frame with a 265/70-17 tire.

Those who are using the mod 390s have a true zero offset which pushes the tire out, away from the frame but against the fender.

So for those who are using wheel spacers are using the 1.25" spacer since it is roughly 32mm. This will create a negative offset change. Which will mimic a 0 offset wheel. (More lik 1mm offset.) In doing so, it forces the wheel from the front and starts to rub on the fender due to its new location.

I think this is right and hope some people understand that. Just trying to grasp what is being said as opposed to what just fits.

Question on the Auto Springs style 2" leveling kits. Since this spacer on top of your front shocks changes the position of the top bolts (60 degrees clockwise), do you have to rotate the top of the shock to get the bolts back in the correct orientation to fit back in the truck? If so, is that easy to do without releasing the pressure of the coil-over spring? Thanks for the advice.

Bicycle part Rim Body jewelry Automotive wheel system Auto part

Update: Just watched an install video for a different (but similar) leveling kit, and they turned the shock around 180 degrees when reassembling to get the bolts to line up.

Anyone have any experience or feedback on Supreme Suspensions 2" front leveling kit? Looks identical to the AutoSprings, but the AutoSprings web page looks like it's been neglected for some time.

Supreme Suspensions 2" Front Leveling Kit

Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Font

Anyone have any experience or feedback on Supreme Suspensions 2" front leveling kit? Looks identical to the AutoSprings, but the AutoSprings web page looks like it's been neglected for some time.

Supreme Suspensions 2" Front Leveling Kit

View attachment 427691
I did a search and did not see anyone mention that brand of level, did see where people installed that brand of lifts but no levels, some one may chime in,
do you need a full 2 inches to level the truck?

Soooo, let’s piss some people off and talk 35s on a ‘17 Z71. I recently came across a tremendous deal. 315/70/17 (34.4 x 12.4) Kenda Klever AT2. On Walmart for $80 each!!! Glitch or whatever but I bought them. I will cancel if they catch it.

Anyway, my first idea was to sell for profit to pay for the 285/70s I want to upgrade to from my current 255/75s. I have a 1.5” level (street rays) with a 1.5” body lift (zone). 17x8.5 stock wheel +33 mm offset with 1.5” spacers. I cut the waffles myself bc I was getting a little rub on the drivers side due to the lean. Let’s say I want to stuff the 35s in there bc who wouldn’t want to. Talk to me about problems that would create. I know about regearing. As I’m looking I am also seeing stuff about hitting the ball joint, hitting the sway bar, wear on the suspension components, tons of cutting obviously. Give me ideas or laugh hysterically at the thought. Up to you. Lol

Soooo, let’s piss some people off and talk 35s on a ‘17 Z71. I recently came across a tremendous deal. 315/70/17 (34.4 x 12.4) Kenda Klever AT2. On Walmart for $80 each!!! Glitch or whatever but I bought them. I will cancel if they catch it.

Anyway, my first idea was to sell for profit to pay for the 285/70s I want to upgrade to from my current 255/75s. I have a 1.5” level (street rays) with a 1.5” body lift (zone). 17x8.5 stock wheel +33 mm offset with 1.5” spacers. I cut the waffles myself bc I was getting a little rub on the drivers side due to the lean. Let’s say I want to stuff the 35s in there bc who wouldn’t want to. Talk to me about problems that would create. I know about regearing. As I’m looking I am also seeing stuff about hitting the ball joint, hitting the sway bar, wear on the suspension components, tons of cutting obviously. Give me ideas or laugh hysterically at the thought. Up to you. Lol
Here she is for those curious about lift and sizing options with this setup.
Automotive parking light Sky Wheel Tire Plant

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Plant

1 inch GM level and 0 offset method wheels.... Want to go with 265/70/17 or 255/75/17. Which will fit better with minimal rub? Thanks!
I’m running a 1.5” level with a 1.5” body and I still had a little rub on the waffle on drivers side. That being said I have a 0.5” drivers side lean I’m working on correcting.

Oh, forgot to mention I’m also running spacers that match your offset exactly.
probably should start a thread on your project, but with those spacers you will rub even if you lift it 6 inches with out cutting, , just buy the AEV flares and start cutting, some one had a video in the how to section installing those same tires...

I did a search and did not see anyone mention that brand of level, did see where people installed that brand of lifts but no levels, some one may chime in,
do you need a full 2 inches to level the truck?
Yeah, front fender measures just about exactly 2" lower than the rear. I may put 1" lift blocks under the rear if it looks nose up at all when done. Trying to make room to run a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 265/70R17. I may need to do some waffle trimming.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Yeah, front fender measures just about exactly 2" lower than the rear. I may put 1" lift blocks under the rear if it looks nose up at all when done. Trying to make room to run a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 265/70R17. I may need to do some waffle trimming.
Have you installed the 2 inch kit yet? How much did it lift the front?

Have you installed the 2 inch kit yet? How much did it lift the front?
UPDATE: After calling direct to Supreme Suspensions, they say they don't make a leveling kit that fits 2020 Colorado, and were not sure why the RealTruck website says they do. So I ended up going with a Rough Country 2" Level Kit (click on pic for link).
Bicycle part Automotive tire Rim Wheel Automotive wheel system

I had the 265/70R17 Mickey Thompson BajaBoss A/T installed at the same time along with a 4-wheel alignment. I will update with pics and height measurements but I believe the actual lift was about 1" for the kit, and 3/4" for the tires. No rubbing at all on the MT tires, and they are quieter than the factory tires with low tread (replaced at 50k miles).

Pics or it didn't happen.

For new readers, this is with a Rough Country 2" Front Level kit, and 265/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T tires. They're about 1-1/2" taller than the 255/65R17 stock Goodyear.

I only have a couple hundred miles on this setup so far, but first impression very good. No rubbing anywhere at full lock in either direction, and the tires are quiter than the factory set was with 50k miles on them.

I am planning to trim or remove the front air dam next
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side-view mirror

Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light Tire

First off, I have read the majority of this thread and a few similar threads to try and get a sense of which tires and sizes best fit the twins.
I need to replace my original Wranglers for my mostly stock 2018 Z71 (255/65R17 - 30.1" tall and 10.2" wide).
I managed to eke out some extra mileage from them since I run dedicated snows in the winter (245/70R17 Blizzaks 30.6" tall and 9.8" wide).

I intend to stick with an A/T tire and I was hoping to get a set of Falken Wildpeaks at 255/70R17 (31.1" tall and 10.2" wide)

Most people say that the 265/65R17 (30.6" tall and 10.4" wide) is the max size that can be installed on a unmodified truck because of rubbing issues.
I do not have a lift on my truck and I have no immediate plans to install one.

While my snows are barely any larger, I like the look of them on the truck more than my stock tires and I think the truck looks great with bigger rubber, so I would prefer to upsize rather than go with stock for my new replacement tires.

Here are my questions:
Has anyone installed this size (and tire) on a stock truck? If so, were there issues like trimming or rubbing?
If I am installing a tire the same width as stock and it is only 1/2 larger in diameter (a 1/4" larger than my winters) why wouldn't it fit? Where would it rub?

Believe me I have looked for this very answer, the trouble is that I don't have a lift and all the answers I have found are about trucks that have been lifted.
So if you can help me, I'd appreciate the feedback.
Please don't tell me to lift the truck, I'm not willing to listen to the complaints of my vertically challenged copilot. She already comments on how high the truck is at stock.

Jay

561 - 580 of 658 Posts