Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

321 - 328 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't see too much about the factory 18's I took a chance and installed the wildpeak At3 265/65/18. Lift setup is the eibach pro at 2.7in, 1.5in wheel spacers and 2in proryde blocks in the back. There is a fairly decent amount of rubbing with these tires. Trim the waffle and cut the corner of the pinch weld. In case anyone else was wondering. Not many people have the 18s from all the reading I have done.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I don't see too much about the factory 18's I took a chance and installed the wildpeak At3 265/65/18. Lift setup is the eibach pro at 2.7in, 1.5in wheel spacers and 2in proryde blocks in the back. There is a fairly decent amount of rubbing with these tires. Trim the waffle and cut the corner of the pinch weld. In case anyone else was wondering. Not many people have the 18s from all the reading I have done.
would you have rubbing with out the spacers?

·
Registered
140 Posts
would you have rubbing with out the spacers?
There's a good chance it would rub on the sway bar. Also, I think this truck did a terrible job with the wheel spacing and already has a narrow, sunken in look. Lifting it pulled the front wheels in even more. Adding fender flares and the wheels look even further in. So there is some compromise

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the 2 inch Eibach lift in front with a 1 inch lift block on my Z71 Colorado. After I install my +20mm offset wheels, can I fit a 255/80/17 with minimal trimming? It seems like this would work fine. It's a skinny 33 and I'm getting 13mm (.5 inches) of frame clearance without pushing my tires outside of the wheel wells. Downside is they only have this size in LT E-rated tires. Is that going to suck for daily driving?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So much great info on this thread and on the site. Been lurking for a few years but used this thread to level my 2016 Z71 Duramax. I did the AutoSprings 2.5” level with 1” block in the leaf springs and diff drop last Fall. I also did Street Rays sway bar relocation kit and Prothane extended end links at the same time. Today I had Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70R17 tires installed today. Pics below, which aren’t totally leveled up, top to bottom are stock, level, and level with tires. There is a slight rub on frame at back of wheel well at full lock, but not too bad.

View attachment 391257
I like the look of your set up!! What front lift is this and how much overall lift did you obtain in order to fit those tires? I have been considering the Rough Country 2" coil over set up for the front. Not sure this will work. Thx!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
So I just replaced my stock wheels with Alpha Equipt Delta wheels (I think the grey looks great on the grey truck). I'm looking at bigger tires I can run when my current ones wear out. I want to fill out the wheel wells a bit more and get a little more ground clearance. I'm currently on 265/65/17s with the Eibach 2 inch lift in the front plus the 1 inch Chevy block in the rear. The new wheels are 22mm offset but also 8.5 inches wide vs the stock 8 inches of the Z71 wheels. What size can I fit without frame/sway bar rubbing? I'm OK with a little waffle trim or relocation, but I don't want to trim my fenders. I just want to know what to expect. Truck gets used for a lot of daily driving but also a lot of overlanding trips. Maybe 255 is better choice for gas mileage. What would you choose? I'm torn.

Current options are:
255/75/17 (know will fit, probably best for daily driving but narrower than current tires, love my current tires, but Falken doesn't make the Wildpeak I like in this size)
265/70/17 (know will fit but only an inch bigger diameter than current tires)
255/80/17 (probably the only way to get a 33 in there but only in LT size and more limited tire options, truck may no longer fit in garage)
275/70/17 (might be ideal option but worried about frame rub)

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
124 Posts
So I just replaced my stock wheels with Alpha Equipt Delta wheels (I think the grey looks great on the grey truck). I'm looking at bigger tires I can run when my current ones wear out. I want to fill out the wheel wells a bit more and get a little more ground clearance. I'm currently on 265/65/17s with the Eibach 2 inch lift in the front plus the 1 inch Chevy block in the rear. The new wheels are 22mm offset but also 8.5 inches wide vs the stock 8 inches of the Z71 wheels. What size can I fit without frame/sway bar rubbing? I'm OK with a little waffle trim or relocation, but I don't want to trim my fenders. I just want to know what to expect. Truck gets used for a lot of daily driving but also a lot of overlanding trips. Maybe 255 is better choice for gas mileage. What would you choose? I'm torn.

Current options are:
255/75/17 (know will fit, probably best for daily driving but narrower than current tires, love my current tires, but Falken doesn't make the Wildpeak I like in this size)
265/70/17 (know will fit but only an inch bigger diameter than current tires)
255/80/17 (probably the only way to get a 33 in there but only in LT size and more limited tire options, truck may no longer fit in garage)
275/70/17 (might be ideal option but worried about frame rub)

View attachment 396687
View attachment 396688
I ran your stock and aftermarket wheel specs through willtheyfit.com and your new wheels inner rim will sit 4.7mm farther away from the truck. Meaning that it’ll give you that much more clearance from rubbing frame/sway. 265/70 should be a safe bet and anything wider may rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

321 - 328 of 328 Posts