Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

301 - 320 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now here is my question, has anyone done:

2.5" Spacer for the Front
1" Lift Block AND 1"-1.5" Add-a-Leaf for the Rear (total of 2"-2.5" in the Rear)

can it be done? or is the rear simply a block or a leaf and not both?
Yes but I can't remember who it was.

As for the rear. Yes you can run both. I have for quite some time. I swapped the AAL and block out yesterday to try a 3" shackle lift. Looking at my fairly sacked out springs I may need to put the AAL back on and drop the shackle to 2". These OEM leafs are garbage. :)

Okay, going back to this.

With the 1" Lift Block and 1"-1.5" Add-a-Leaf in the rear having 2"-2.5" of total lift in the rear, going forward with changing the shock, I would have to use the Eibach Shock E60-23-006-02-01 ? as that shock is " 2.75" Longer than the standard Colorado Shock, this only to be used with 2-3" rear lifts. " - quoted from Peak Suspension website

The other Eibach Shock E60-23-007-02-01, is for 0"-1" lifts in the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need some advice. I have a 2018 GMC Canyon 2wd ext cab with the L4. I’m looking to put a 2 inch leveling kit and wheels and tires. I have a set of 18x9’s I’m eyeballing with a +18 offset/ 5.71 backspacing. I’m thinking about Nitto grapplers G2, I know they have a more aggressive tread on the sidewall so I’m trying to figure out what size I should get.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I already posted this as new thread, but then found this. Sorry for double post. I'm running a '16 CCLB diesel that had procomp level and add leaf, but I broke 3 struts before 100k miles so now I'm 50K+ into fox 2.0 IFPs with 285/70r17 KO2s with factory wheels. The new fox setup was awesome but now feel fully worn out. Fox will rebuild the struts if I mail them in, which I haven't priced out yet but I'm curious what to do in the interim if I go that way. It doesn't appear that I can just buy replacement struts from them.

Can I throw eibach adjustable struts in them? Is there another solution I'm not considering that doesn't involved tossing the fox stuff or ground my truck for a month while i send them off?

Does anyone have feedback from first hand experience sending stuff to fox for a rebuild?

thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Waiting to find time to throw my Eibach pro-truck kit on, but does anyone know how much weight you'd need to be worried about on the front end to go from the 2" setting to the 2.7"? I don't have a heavy bumper but I do have a grille guard that weighs in at about 65-70lbs. I don't know how heavy my front would have to be to justify the extra .7" on the strut (I'm using the Eibach springs). I'm doing an add-a-leaf in the back and already have a rake of 1.5-2" so while I want to keep a LITTLE rake, it's important to me that I get the full 2" out of the front lift. I've got the diff drop (and swaybar end-links just in case) but I didn't grab UCAs so I also don't want to OVER lift it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the RC 1.25" body lift and Bilstein 5100's set at 2". Just got Nitto Terra Grappler G2s 265/70R 17 all around. I like the look and considered going a little bigger but didn't want to do any trimming. At full lock I have maybe 1/2" clearance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the RC 1.25" body lift and Bilstein 5100's set at 2". Just got Nitto Terra Grappler G2s 265/70R 17 all around. I like the look and considered going a little bigger but didn't want to do any trimming. At full lock I have maybe 1/2" clearance.
View attachment 394665
View attachment 394666
Bad ass set up. So you’re not rubbing with the 2” ? I’m going 3 in the front and 2 in the back. This just made me feel confident that I won’t rub

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Bad ass set up. So you’re not rubbing with the 2” ? I’m going 3 in the front and 2 in the back. This just made me feel confident that I won’t rub
2 plus 1 1/4 = 3.25 close enough so you should be good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a killer deals on these wheels and I’m looking to stuff the biggest tire possible without any trimming. I’ve installed the RC 2” leveling kit and thinking 265/70/R18 in the Falken Wildleak AT3 or Toyo Open Country AT3. The spec for the wheels is +33 offset and 18x8.5

Will what I’m thinking fIt? Can I go bigger?

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
124 Posts
View attachment 394735 I got a killer deals on these wheels and I’m looking to stuff the biggest tire possible without any trimming. I’ve installed the RC 2” leveling kit and thinking 265/70/R18. The spec for the wheels is +33 offset and 18x8.5

Will what I’m thinking fIt? Can I go bigger?
That’s pretty big for that offset. You’ll definitely be rubbing pretty good. A 255 tire might do it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
124 Posts
That’s what is on there now. 255/65/17
A 255/65/18 is 1” larger in tire diameter than a 255/65/17. Use tiresize.com to compare tire sizes. Anything bigger than a 32” will probably rub with stock offset.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Yeah but doesn’t say his offset ? Maybe 0??
Stock Canyon wheels, I really like those wheels on our trucks, sitting and going down the road

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to do some searching but found online, positive 33mm offset on those factory wheels - 17" x 8". There are several tire size and offset calculators online, I just decided it wasn't worth it for me. I'm very happy with the look and fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A 255/65/18 is 1” larger in tire diameter than a 255/65/17. Use tiresize.com to compare tire sizes. Anything bigger than a 32” will probably rub with stock offset.

Totally agree, my tires are 31.6" on stock wheels with the RC 3.25" lift. I have maybe have another 1/2" before they start rubbing the liner. To fit anything bigger than 32" - 32.6" would most likely involve some modifications.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado LT
15 Posts
If I put a RC 2” leveling kit on the front of my 2019 LT, what size tire can I fit with no/very little rubbing? I feel like if I keep the stock tire size on stock rims (255/65/R17) the tires will look small. I just want a more aggressive tire, like an AT. Possibly the Michelin Defender or BFG KO2. RC website says I can fit 265/70/R17. Isn’t that skinner of a tire? If someone has mentioned this previously in the discussion, my apologies.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
If I put a RC 2” leveling kit on the front of my 2019 LT, what size tire can I fit with no/very little rubbing? I feel like if I keep the stock tire size on stock rims (255/65/R17) the tires will look small. I just want a more aggressive tire, like an AT. Possibly the Michelin Defender or BFG KO2. RC website says I can fit 265/70/R17. Isn’t that skinner of a tire? If someone has mentioned this previously in the discussion, my apologies.
This info is in post #1 in this thread. All the sizes and restrictions are listed at the end of Option 1 (leveling kit).

That said, @Hunter62 is right. 265/70r17 will fit and won't rub under most conditions. At most, a little buzz at full steering lock or full tuck. Maybe bend the pinch weld, but maybe don't even need that.

To answer your other question, no that's not skinnier than what you have now. The width of the tire in mm is the first number, so it's 10mm wider (a little less than half an inch). It's also taller and has more sidewall. You can visualize tire size differences at tiresize.com. They have a good comparison calculator.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

301 - 320 of 328 Posts