Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

261 - 280 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for this post, I just finished installing my 2.5” front Level from Supreme suspension. I’ve done some research on what size wheels and tires I can fit but not 100 percent certain. Need a little help if you dont mind. I would like to fit a 32” tire if possible without much “poke”.something like the Wildpeak or ridge Grappler on a 17 x 8 or 9 wheel. I think a 265/70r17 or 275/70r17 on a 0mm offset wheel is a good fit? All recommendations appreciated

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thank you for this post, I just finished installing my 2.5” front Level from Supreme suspension. I’ve done some research on what size wheels and tires I can fit but not 100 percent certain. Need a little help if you dont mind. I would like to fit a 32” tire if possible without much “poke”.something like the Wildpeak or ridge Grappler on a 17 x 8 or 9 wheel. I think a 265/70r17 or 275/70r17 on a 0mm offset wheel is a good fit? All recommendations appreciated View attachment 386837
I think if you want to avoid poke (and extra rubbing in some cases), an ideal offset is in the +12 to +18 range. On wider tires, at least at 275 and 285, you'll have more in the rear of the wheel well to contend with if you go +0 offset. Your 265/70r17 should fit fine with any offset and your level. 275/70r17 would probably require a little plastic trimming and I believe needs some lower offset to avoid slight frame rub.

To give you an idea of tire protrusion with +0, I found couple old pics of my Canyon. 285/70r17 on +0 offset.

I personally really like the look with 0 offset and was fine with the extra trimming required (and extra mud spray on the side of the truck ). Everyone has their own preference though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JBurg540 and F8LZ71

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Colorado LT CCSB 4WD
30 Posts
I recently installed the Zone 1.25" level (which, I only saw an inch on both sides) and today had a set of Wrangler UltraTerrain AT 265/70/17 installed on the stock rims. And, they rub with the wheel fully turned in either direction. Haven't looked to see where the rub is but I suspect the front fender liner.

·
Registered
2019 ZR2
39 Posts
Hoping I didn’t screw up...
285/70/17 with Method 312 0 offset wheels, and a Peak Suspension 3” lift....should I be fine? Haven’t installed yet.....I’m ok with a little trimming if needed....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hoping I didn’t screw up...
285/70/17 with Method 312 0 offset wheels, and a Peak Suspension 3” lift....should I be fine? Haven’t installed yet.....I’m ok with a little trimming if needed....
I have peaks set at 3" with 275/70-17s on zero offset, I did the front waffle mod and had to trim a bunch on the backside.. your 100% going to have to trim a decent amount

·
Registered
2019 ZR2
39 Posts
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What is the largest tire I can go with 18” wheels? All the posts I see are with the 17” tires. I have the RC 2” leveling kit on the front.

Can I go wider?
Can I go with more sidewall?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
What is the largest tire I can go with 18” wheels? All the posts I see are with the 17” tires. I have the RC 2” leveling kit on the front.

Can I go wider?
Can I go with more sidewall?
use this calculator , compare the 17's guys put on , then with 18's to get the best comparison

·
Registered
36 Posts
use this calculator , compare the 17's guys put on , then with 18's to get the best comparison

thanks, that is very helpful.

Is there a safe margin you can increase by without having issues? For instance, OEM size is 265/60/18 and I would want to go 265/65/18. It is 3.4" increase in diameter.

How does the off-set work? Would love to be able to it a little more aggressive look.

Sorry, new to this and trying to figure out my options.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado
74 Posts
I’ve looked through here and didnt see any thing. If I keep my stock 17x8 wheels, what would adding a 1 to 1.5 spacer do for tire size? How much bigger could I go with no rubbing. I don’t want to modify anything. I would buy the fender liner relocation kit if anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with 275 65 18 with factory alt rims and I have slight rub at the frame at full lock.. trying to figure out would spacers eliminate it..

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went with 275 65 18 with factory alt rims and I have slight rub at the frame at full lock.. trying to figure out would spacers eliminate it..
You can try a sway bar drop bracket if its hitting the sway bar. The spacers may make the tires rub on the fender

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
or go to a 7mm spacer but woulld probably need new lugnuts too.
it is a little over 1/4inch thick just to get the tire off the frame, which then yoou loose a 1/4 inch of threads on the studs, they make lugnuts just for that..

·
Registered
2019 Colorado lt manual. 2.5 inch front level 1 inch rear block Autospring. 275/65/18 atturo m/t.
7 Posts
it is a little over 1/4inch thick just to get the tire off the frame, which then yoou loose a 1/4 inch of threads on the studs, they make lugnuts just for that..
275/65/18 atturo my. Silverado z71 wheels. Autospring 2.5 inch front 1 inch rear. No rub

Attachments

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Sorry,atturo MT not MY
stevec, nice looking truck

fyi: there are 3 vertical dots on the right side , click on them and you can edit your comments,(most of the time)

·
Registered
36 Posts
so it seems like a safe bet is 265/65/18's. I would love to go wider but doubtful having a stock set-up in the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2017 2wd Colorado ECLB and was thinking about getting Kng’s shocks front and back and raising it up equally front and back because I plan to tow a 5.000 lbs. trailer off-road.

If I raise the front 2” would there be any problem putting a 2” block in the back? I was planning on getting the Camburg UCA.

They are both local to me so I was gonna head down there and ask but everything is shut down.

Any ideas on if it would hurt towing much? Really just looking to be able to have a smoother ride off-road and maybe some more clearance.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Taking a 5,000lb trailer off-road, like with a pindel hitch up moab? another words, how much off-road?
How do you plan on raising the front while still using the King Coil Overs? Spindle lift?
will the rear Kings be stock travel or one with longer travel? or use shock extensions?
Several other companies make less expensive UCA's that are probably just as good

·
Registered
62 Posts
BDS 5.5" lift w/285/55x20 mounted to 20x9, 0 offset rims. Tiny rub on full rotation on the inside edge.

Reactions: Hunter62
261 - 280 of 336 Posts