Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
just had a thought, could you cross the wiring behind the switch to make the so that when the DRLs powers on it will go to the relay for the running lights, cause it was kinda hard for me to follow those instructions so i was trying to find a easier way

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Aleight said:
just had a thought, could you cross the wiring behind the switch to make the so that when the DRLs powers on it will go to the relay for the running lights, cause it was kinda hard for me to follow those instructions so i was trying to find a easier way

Unfortunately no. All of the switches in the truck are 5v Data-Bus 2. Not standard 12v wiring.

Which part did you get lost on?

·
Registered
159 Posts
it wasnt really this one i got lost in i got that part mixed up i have an 07 so the lows are the drls it was the conversion to marker drls i got lost on,

all the wires that you would cross would be inside any, in the picture couldnt you switch the wires going out to the relay

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
The wiring isn't at the switch. The switch merely acts as a ;low voltage control. The Body Control Module (BCM) is the computer that handles what circuits to activate the full 12v to.

If your confusion is with the headlight/DRL conversion, you should ask your question in that thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this topic has been gone over again and again, but im just lost reading all these different posts. I have an 04 Colorado and want to do this. I plan on using stock amber bulbs. What exactly should i do? And if i change my mind and want to go with LED? Thanks and sorry for the repeat.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Slowrado29 said:
I know this topic has been gone over again and again, but im just lost reading all these different posts. I have an 04 Colorado and want to do this. I plan on using stock amber bulbs. What exactly should i do? And if i change my mind and want to go with LED? Thanks and sorry for the repeat.
To run the stock bulbs, follow the original instructions and add a relay as per these instructions: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51686&start=100

To run LED bulbs, you may not need to do anything else. If the turn signal flashes fast, then you will need to add a load equalizing resistor on each side of the truck. The resistor will bridge between the 12v+ and 12v- wires of the turn signal circuit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice idea,nice job! May be you can help point me in the right direction.I've already done the DRL switch to parking lights.But with new rules in Nova Scotia everyone has to have DRLs.So I whanna keep my head light covers on,so how do I make my fogs come on to? Please help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jus did this mod yesterday minus the relay. I haven't noticed any flickering from the reflections of my signals yet so I'm jus gona run em for now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup noticed it now. good thing you guys do these write ups! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm definately gonna have to do this modification to my truck...it looks pretty cool :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have an 07. is there anyway to switch my drl from my headlights to do this or does it have to stay on the head lamps? cuz there is no third wire for DRLs. it just sends a lower voltage to my low beams

141 - 157 of 157 Posts