Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Got em, thanks! Now just for the relays.

·
Registered
39 Posts
thats freaking sweet!!! ever thought of doing something like that with the rear lights?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
does the dual drl mod need to be done to my 05??

·
Registered
643 Posts
DB, you need to work out how to delay your brake lights till the light bars reach them. :idea:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What socket does the 07 take, because the one listed does not fit,

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The 3157 socket itself does not fit into the inside nor the out side sockets

85881 this socket does not work on my truck. (front lights)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
well crap, here I go again, it's a tight fit that socket is huge comaired to the factory one, it can barely turn. I know the two factory sockets are different. here goes round two :lol:

also the bulbs are different inside is 3157 outside is 3757 I think, they do not interchange with each other.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Had same problem but a bit of shaving of the problem tab works.

After all its Autozone and supplier quality control wont be that tight.

Adapt, overcome, yada yada...........

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
twgiffin said:
Had same problem but a bit of shaving of the problem tab works.

After all its Autozone and supplier quality control wont be that tight.

Adapt, overcome, yada yada...........
Well I shaved off a tab on the factory sockets that I had and I now have DRL's in the inner bulb, I just ran a wire off the cut relay

·
Registered
159 Posts
Im sure this has been discussed but i cant find it, my truck has low voltage low beam DRLs can it be changed to the corner lights or any other options

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I may... I'll add some details of my successful attempt of this mod.

I used the AutoZone sockets and, 3157 Stealth bulbs from zetaproducts.net

I had to clip and file off the (2) small tabs on each bulb so they would fit in the sockets.
Use your thumbnails to push the bulb in so it makes contact. Check this if a bulb doesn't light up.

I also had to cut off part of the largest tab on the sockets so they would fit in the lamp housings and twist.

The wires on the AZ sockets are all black. The one marked 'A' is ground and goes to the black wire of the stock sockets.
The (2) small metal contacts in the sockets are ground. The larger contacts are park and turn.

I wired the new socket to the corresponding stock outer socket wires, then turned on the power to check.
Hmmm. The end filament on one bulb and the lower filament on the other lit up. Not sure why, but I just swapped the connections so the end (smaller, dimmer) filaments on both bulbs lit when on park and the lower (larger, brighter) filaments lit on turn.

The sequencer is ordered and i will update if needed, but don't expect it.
Been wanting to do this since I got the truck and can't feature why Government Motors didn't do it originally. :roll:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
umm..

121 - 140 of 157 Posts
About this Discussion
156 Replies
47 Participants
pissonford07
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing