Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, nor the next owner of my '09 canyon have any intention to ever drive w/o a seatbelt. However at 181K miles I think the buckle or sensor is a bit worn and I get intermittent seat belt dings and lights on the dash. I don't need this reminder to buckle my seat belt, but I'd like to get rid of the light.

I unplugged the 1 plug under the driver's seat and it got rid of the seatbelt light, but then it added the airbag light. Since disconnecting the plug removed the seat belt light I'm guessing I can simply snip 1 of the 4 wires in that plug and rid myself of this seatbelt light forever.

Can anyone provide some instruction on if snipping a wire is the correct procedure to get rid of the driver's side seatbelt light and if so, which wire to snip?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
follow wires from plug u unplugged into the seat... find the ones going to seatbelt buckle, test with voltmeter for power/ change in current when sitting in seat and cut... make sure u leave enough to reconnect if need be in the future

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Cutting the wires may not help. The wiring diagram indicates that the seat buckle switch is normally open. However, if the cut wires were connected, that would bypass the seat buckle switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.