Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Colorado
13 Posts
If you think there aren’t any foreign vehicles with zerks, your wrong. My 2015 Toyota 4x4 had 5. They were all on the drive line.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
The ATF cooler hose crimps take care of this
ahahaha! you mean the oil cooler ones right? Or do the trans cooler lines blow off too?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just spray everything down with WD-40 and you're good. 😆

·
Registered
5,905 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Gotcha, yeah sounds like a dealer "unneeded make us more money plan". Can't say for sure because I've never seen it but there aren't any lube points (fittings) and dealers are known for up-selling unneeded "maintenance". Maybe it's door hinges, ect...??

Anyway, just stick to what the book (and GM, NOT GM dealer) says if you ask me.

I think Techroline is not a bad thing, especially if you don't know the quality of the gas you get.
Just curious, why would one want to put paint thinner in their gas tank? Techron is essentially a mix of paint thinners. These chemicals eat seals and hoses. If you think one bottle every 5,000 miles does magic to your injectors......I'm afraid you fell for the oldest marketing snake oil verbiage on the bottle. Many moons ago when I fixed and flew airplanes, I had a guy who used Marvel in his fuel. Granted he had a Continental engine that had problems with valve lubrication and rarely did an engine make TBO. This guy had many engines make TBO and beyond. Sure, we were all impressed....but its also illegal to put that stuff in an airplane. Who knows what its doing to the fuel system. However, the main ingredient that worked was TCP , a chemical that was mandated for use in oil for certain Lycoming engines that also had "problems".

1. Distillates, hydrotreated light at 40-70% weight
  2. Stoddard solvent at 15-40% weight
  3. Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light aromatic at 5-10% weight
  4. 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene at 1-5% weight
  5. PEA (detergent), polyether amines at 20-49% weight

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Just curious, why would one want to put paint thinner in their gas tank? Techron is essentially a mix of paint thinners. These chemicals eat seals and hoses. If you think one bottle every 5,000 miles does magic to your injectors......I'm afraid you fell for the oldest marketing snake oil verbiage on the bottle. Many moons ago when I fixed and flew airplanes, I had a guy who used Marvel in his fuel. Granted he had a Continental engine that had problems with valve lubrication and rarely did an engine make TBO. This guy had many engines make TBO and beyond. Sure, we were all impressed....but its also illegal to put that stuff in an airplane. Who knows what its doing to the fuel system. However, the main ingredient that worked was TCP , a chemical that was mandated for use in oil for certain Lycoming engines that also had "problems".

1. Distillates, hydrotreated light at 40-70% weight
  2. Stoddard solvent at 15-40% weight
  3. Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light aromatic at 5-10% weight
  4. 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene at 1-5% weight
  5. PEA (detergent), polyether amines at 20-49% weight
Yeah, I think it has polyetheramine (PEA) in it for carbon deposits. No I don't think it is magic. I think if you use cheap gas it might help clean carbon and injectors. And no I don't think it will hurt anything if you use it like it says, usually about 12 oz. in 20 gallons of fuel, in other words, not much.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts