Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my truck back from the dealer, n' as part of their repairs to the steering collumn (needed a new gear apparently) they said id need an allignment done, they'd do it for 60 bucks...alright go 'head.

...somehow now that my trucks been properly 'alligned' it now drifts hard to the right!? :roll: gonna take it back tommorow n' have em redo it n' try to get a refund

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I'd go back to the dealer and tell them to fix it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
superbeast said:
got my truck back from the dealer, n' as part of their repairs to the steering collumn (needed a new gear apparently) they said id need an allignment done, they'd do it for 60 bucks...alright go 'head.

...somehow now that my trucks been properly 'alligned' it now drifts hard to the right!? :roll: gonna take it back tommorow n' have em redo it n' try to get a refund
Let me get this one, you got a streering collumn repair (under warranty)and they are going to charge you, for an allignment that they changed when they did the work on the steering. :?

·
Registered
255 Posts
stocklook said:
superbeast said:

Let me get this one, you got a streering collumn repair (under warranty)and they are going to charge you, for an allignment that they changed when they did the work on the steering. :?
...and why would steering column repair require an alignment? Sounds like the dealer neded a few extra jobs (and $$$) to do that day.

·
Registered
370 Posts
He needed a new "gear". Which means they replaced the steering rack(the rack part is listed as "gear"), and attached to the steering rack is the tie rod ends, which have to be swapped over to the new one, changing the alignment. It's BS that they charged you. You shouldn't have to pay for an alignment due to a warranty part failing. If its pulling to the right really bad then they did a pretty terrible job on the alignment.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If it was the steering rack that the dealer replaced under warranty then warranty should also cover toe adjustment to compensate for the change over of tie rod ends, however perhaps when the truck was being aligned the specs then showed caster & camber adjustments where required if this was the case I'd say the dealer would definately try to get the customer to pay (since of course the customer always pays more than a warranty job).

You should speak with the service manager and if no reasonable explaination contact GM customer relations. You want to get it dealt with asap. Make sure to confirm what part was replaced, could have been steering column shaft. Suggested alignment since steering wheel was off center????

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NVR2LOW said:
If it was the steering rack that the dealer replaced under warranty then warranty should also cover toe adjustment to compensate for the change over of tie rod ends, however perhaps when the truck was being aligned the specs then showed caster & camber adjustments where required if this was the case I'd say the dealer would definately try to get the customer to pay (since of course the customer always pays more than a warranty job).

You should speak with the service manager and if no reasonable explaination contact GM customer relations. You want to get it dealt with asap. Make sure to confirm what part was replaced, could have been steering column shaft. Suggested alignment since steering wheel was off center????
yeah, they said the toe adjustments were covered via warranty, but i had to pay for the camber+caster adjustments...im gonna head in on monday n' talk to the service manager, see what i can get done...i think it may be something with the steering shaft, but im not sure, if im driving straight n' let go of the wheel, it just slightly cocks to the right, which then results in the truck drifting right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts