Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. After three trips to two dealerships to get rid of a nasty squealing sound from under my truck that happens every time I drive my truck at speeds of 15 to 45 mph. A senior technician at the dealership told me he has see a couple with the same issue and it was a simple seal on the output shaft. The service manager refused to replace the seal because her couldn’t duplicate the noise. It makes the noise daily and is unbearable. I called customer service to get help. It took five days and multiple calls every day to reach the person assigned to my case. When I finally reached her her attitude was cavalier. I begged her to contact the dealership and address my concerns. I asked to speak to someone else since she was unwilling to help and she told me no one was above her and that was that. I loved this truck but now I hate it and and looking into trading it in on a Ford Raptor. This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Chevrolet does not care about its customers. If your looking into a new truck don’t look at a Chevrolet. I have bought two GMC sierras one Colorado and two Pontiac Grand Prix. My wife has both many and my mother have owned nothing but Buick. That is changing thanks to horrible customer service. My family is looking at Ford now.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2. After three trips to two dealerships to get rid of a nasty squealing sound from under my truck that happens every time I drive my truck at speeds of 15 to 45 mph. A senior technician at the dealership told me he has see a couple with the same issue and it was a simple seal on the output shaft. The service manager refused to replace the seal because her couldn’t duplicate the noise. It makes the noise daily and is unbearable. I called customer service to get help. It took five days and multiple calls every day to reach the person assigned to my case. When I finally reached her her attitude was cavalier. I begged her to contact the dealership and address my concerns. I asked to speak to someone else since she was unwilling to help and she told me no one was above her and that was that. I loved this truck but now I hate it and and looking into trading it in on a Ford Raptor. This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Chevrolet does not care about its customers. If your looking into a new truck don’t look at a Chevrolet. I have bought two GMC sierras one Colorado and two Pontiac Grand Prix. My wife has both many and my mother have owned nothing but Buick. That is changing thanks to horrible customer service. My family is looking at Ford now.
That sucks but don't jump off the deep end, it's not that way across the board.......and if your looking at Ford for customer service all I can say is good luck. Ford has been the worst of the worst in my experience. :surprise:
Either take it to another dealer or have them keep the vehicle for a few days......if in fact it does do it every day as you state they should not have an issue duplicating the problem.
Just saying......sometimes a customers attitude can dictate the outcome.

Completely opposite for me...
I filled out a survey from Chevrolet concerning delivery of my ZR2 and I listed only 1 minor complaint......a rear Chevrolet emblem with extra adhesive showing that looked a little sloppy, really not a big deal.

I got a call from Chevrolet asking about the issue and they were apologizing profusely.....
For my trouble, they gave me an additional free 1-year full boat subscription to XM radio All-Access including NAV-Weather, NAV-traffic, and Travel-Link...... my account now has a $325 credit to spend as I choose at XM.

Pretty nice IMHO...

·
Registered
96 Posts
To the OP, I have not had a need to do this personally, but I have read of several folks on other forums who have had favorable responses by emailing the office of GM's CEO Mary Barra after poor experiences through regular customer support channels like you describe. Email address is [email protected]. Obviously you won't get a response directly from Ms. Barra, but most have received a response from someone on her staff. Might at least be worth a try!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
To the OP, I have not had a need to do this personally, but I have read of several folks on other forums who have had favorable responses by emailing the office of GM's CEO Mary Barra after poor experiences through regular customer support channels like you describe. Email address is [email protected]. Obviously you won't get a response directly from Ms. Barra, but most have received a response from someone on her staff. Might at least be worth a try!

Thanks for that. Good for everyone to bookmark in email contacts!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree with you 100%. GM's customer service, policies, and procedures are horrendous. It's the worst I have ever experienced.

When I had my issues, I tried contacting her and a few other "higher ups", including the media for GM, etc. I was tossed around from person to person and eventually ended up back at square one.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I agree with you 100%. GM's customer service, policies, and procedures are horrendous. It's the worst I have ever experienced.

When I had my issues, I tried contacting her and a few other "higher ups", including the media for GM, etc. I was tossed around from person to person and eventually ended up back at square one.

if you dont mind me asking . what vehicle you have and issue? It seems to me no matter the brand go to all forums and all them seem to have a certain amount of same frustration from some customers and vehicles. I mean all them. I think it seems to be crap shoot no matter the brand

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
If this email does not work it might have one too many R's.

Might try [email protected] if the other did not work

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
oops...thanks for catching the typo. I corrected my original post.
No problem I did the same thing in my post too and had to correct it. :smile2:

Note the GM email system is pretty easy to get into. Most are first name dot Last name. Some use middle initials.

I learned the e mail system when I was trying to document some Parts with the help of some very nice folks at the tech center.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts

A lot has to do with your dealer for Customer Service. That, and it often takes persistence with some issues. If you happen to come back, it may serve well to follow up with some of the suggestions in this thread.

I've owned +40 new and used vehicle most purchased from dealers. I had good service and unacceptable from several across 8 different car makers. I would not say Chevrolet or GM is worse than any other. Depends on your dealer and how things are communicated as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts