Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search and could not find what I am looking for.

I have a 2017 ZR2, when locking the doors with the fob, the horn beeps. Is there a way to turn that off?

Don't want to alert all the deer that I am coming for them...

will probably have many more questions as it was just delivered last night and am technically challenged>:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes, read the manual or play with the main screen, you will find it in the settings somewhere.

Reactions: lqdchkn

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys/girls, will get this all figured out later then sooner
Only thing I want to do is put a set of led fog/driving lights on it, I saw someone posted theirs in the grill a few weeks ago...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Wow.....you guys with 2017's can turn that off or on?

I want mine to beep (my hearing is bad) and from what I've been able to research (2016) is it'll beep if you hit the lock button twice. It doesn't beep on the initial lock push at all.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I want mine to beep (my hearing is bad) and from what I've been able to research (2016) is it'll beep if you hit the lock button twice. It doesn't beep on the initial lock push at all.
Why in the world do you want to annoy your neighbors, people in a parking lot walking by your truck an everybody else?
I've hollered at people who hit the lock button and their vehicle beeps/honks while I am walking by startingly me. Not sure what your hearing has to do with wanting it to beep, flashing lights is enough. Shoot, I'm totally deaf in one ear

·
Registered
285 Posts
2015 Canyon, I turned it off. If I could turn the interior chime completely off I'd be thrilled. I don't need all these beeps and bings.

When I read the thread name I thought your truck played Despacito every time you locked the doors.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Why in the world do you want to annoy your neighbors, people in a parking lot walking by your truck an everybody else?
I've hollered at people who hit the lock button and their vehicle beeps/honks while I am walking by startingly me. Not sure what your hearing has to do with wanting it to beep, flashing lights is enough. Shoot, I'm totally deaf in one ear
Really? Because that's the way I want it.
You must startle easy.....you should look into getting some hearing aides.

I can't piss off any neighbors when my truck lives in the garage and I never lock it.

I can't 'hear' the click of the locks sometimes and I'm not close enough to the lights (in the daytime) to see the lights. I rarely drive at night.

The places I go, and the areas I visit don't have enough people walking around to be 'startled'. Surely - if its at night.....I'll be more considerate.
But in the daytime? Holy hell...... people need to stop sleep walking and pay attention, look around, be aware of their environment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm old school. I press the lock button on the inside of the door on my way getting out of the drivers seat. Do not like the annoying horn beep. I do use the open function. Have no use for the remote start, too..... But, I am old and decrepit, almost senile .......

·
Registered
209 Posts

I can't piss off any neighbors when my truck lives in the garage and I never lock it.

I can't 'hear' the click of the locks sometimes and I'm not close enough to the lights (in the daytime) to see the lights. I rarely drive at night.

The places I go, and the areas I visit don't have enough people walking around to be 'startled'. Surely - if its at night.....I'll be more considerate.
But in the daytime? Holy hell...... people need to stop sleep walking and pay attention, look around, be aware of their environment.
Agree!

Hunter, you can set all this stuff with your touch screen, including not having the headlights flash when you unlock it (don't want to spook the deer you didn't see):laugh:. Play with the settings and get to know your ride. After a month or so I'm still coming across things that I want to change or adjust. Usually I'm like, "man I didn't know I could change that!".
Enjoy the new ride brother!

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts

My 2016 has done that from day 1..... I think you got gypped once again. >:)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My 2016 has done that from day 1..... I think you got gypped once again. >:)
Surely - I can turn the beep on/off..... I have the beep turned 'on' (Canyon SLT) but I have to hit the lock button twice in order for it to beep..... it's weird. I'd expect it to beep on the first press like most other cars.

Does yours do the same? Or does it beep on the first lock press?

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Surely - I can turn the beep on/off..... I have the beep turned 'on' (Canyon SLT) but I have to hit the lock button twice in order for it to beep..... it's weird. I'd expect it to beep on the first press like most other cars.

Yes, my 2017 as most other GM vehicles I've owned since 2009 or so, require a double press on the remote to make the horn beep upon locking.

Also, in the past, when you lock the vehicle with the remote verse manually on the door, the intrusion alarm is set. Locking manually with the door button or even the key did not enable the vehicle security system . . . at least on my earlier GM vehicles with a remote key fob.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

This...
If all it takes to "annoy" someone is a short horn beep when I lock my truck because of so many dirtbag theives...maybe the "annoyed person" should stay home, get a prescription, run to a "safe place" or maybe call Hillary/Obama.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts

Im sorry, I didnt clarify....no, mine only beeps when I hot the fob a 2nd time. If I dont hear the beep then to me, it isnt locked.
MUST HEAR BEEP !!! :rofl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.