Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2007 Colly doesn't even have 5K miles on it and it already needs to go to the body shop. Some assh*le hit it at some point between Friday night at 4:30 and Saturday morning at 10:00. The dent is right behind the rear wheel well on the driver's side, about where the Z71 decal is. It's a pretty good sized dent, too, although no paint was taken off my truck. Funny thing is, the truck was parked. I already talked to the guy who parks next to me but obviously, he isn't gonna own up to it. I looked at his car and there appears to be no damage from his truck. There is a guy that parks on the other side of me who has a white Dakota, and funny enough, his truck hasn't been seen since I discovered the dent. I would love to take a peek at his truck. If it was around. The only other possibility is someone who doesn't live here came into the lot and did it then took off. Some people's kids, I swear. Now I have to come up with the $500 deductible for my insurance to fix the dent. I have an adjuster coming out next week to go over it with me. If all I gotta pay is $500, I'm going for a whole new bedside.

What do you guys think? I know I didn't have any pics posted but has anyone else had a dent on their bed and can you give me an idea what it cost to fix? Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went to the local chevy dealer bodyshop and got a quote of approx. $1300 to replace the whole bedside and whatnot. good thing insurance is covering it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had someone give me a love tap on the passenger rear fender, right on the Z71 decal, had a pretty good dent in it. Got it fixed at a place across from the dealer for $270, and they did an awesome job. Dealer quoted the work at $700, lol.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Some Places you go Will Up the quote to cover your deductible. I did that when I got hail damage.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My husband tripped into mine and put a nice dent right in the same spot. Had it popped out by some dent wizard guy for ~$200, and he threw in the couple of small dents by the drivers door handle. Did a great job, never know it was there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
^^^^These guys at the dent wizard places are awesome and I recommend them as the first place to go.
Another do it yourself method is If these dents are small and not in a crease then a simple rubber puller might pop it right out. They are usually a couple bucks at hardware stores or check at the "as seen on tv" stores. THey always have them. They are all rubber and you simply dampen the suction part and pull. Same premise as a dart with a suction head for it to stick to the surface it hits.....just on a larger scale.
I had a buddy I worked with put a nasty dent in his toyota Tocoma a few years back. I brought my $2 rubber dent puller the next day and sure enough it popped right out. He was amazed and I was pretty impressed as well. Saved a huge bill and looked new.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update: I managed to push most of it out by getting behind the metal and pushing...a friend recommended a toilet plunger lol, so i said what the heck, tried it, and that took out a big portion of it. There is now just one dent left, right over the Z71 decal. It doesn't look creased, I tried to push it out from behind but it would just pop right back in. Any advice for that?

There are a couple spots, both at the bottom of the bed and the size of a quarter-that need to be tapped out from behind. But even with the dent still there, the bed looks better than it did before.

Oh, and after I get the dent pulled, I have to get some 3M tape to re-attach the fender flare to the bed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re:

itsagirltruck said:
My husband tripped into mine and put a nice dent right in the same spot. Had it popped out by some dent wizard guy for ~$200, and he threw in the couple of small dents by the drivers door handle. Did a great job, never know it was there.
For some reason that reminds me of a Doritos commercial.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wow my is dented in the same place! I was also parked while at a Dr.'s appointment and I came out and wham there's this long dent from near the top of the box down to where the taillight would end. That was pretty lame. I also got most of it out by getting behind the box and popping it out. I left the rest because I'm sure at some point some other meat head is going to dent my truck somewhere else. Plus the paint seems pretty thin on mine and it has it's share of primer scratches so I'm going to end up painting the whole thing at some point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My truck is mostly a work truck so the bed of my truck has taken a bit of a beating. I had the bed Rhino Lined and the lazy dudes working there didn't take the dents out of the wheel humps in the bed. One guy working there was like "Oh those aren't supposed to be there ?" Had about all I could do not to laugh at the guy for how dumb he was. They talked me into doing it myself, taking the finder flairs and such off and using a rubber hammer to knock the dents out. Got most of them out to the point where it looks a lot better. Since you can push your dent out I don’t know if a couple soft taps with a rubber hammer would help you or not, but I suppose body metal is a hair different :clueless . But to be honest I really don't know much about these sort of things.

·
Registered
557 Posts
my bed is extremely dented. but that's because i actually use it. i've had it loaded down w/ a cord of fire wood. an entire bed full of concrete dug out of a yard where a fence once was, lumber, dirtbikes x3 plus gear and gas tanks. so it's been beaten back and forth. and it's rhino lined. which doesn't say a whole lot. i should've gone w/ line-x

·
Registered
238 Posts
OFF TOPIC. I saw a TV show called Smash Lab (I think) where they took a truck with Rhino Lining sprayed into the bed and put dynamite under the truck. The whole truck blew to hell but the bed stayed attatched to the frame and was just a little out of shape. Where as the non-sprayed truck was in little peices all over the place.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts