Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened, after 40+ years of driving. Coming off I-70 on my way to work yesterday morning and the thing just came out of nowhere. Luckily I was able to get to the body shop after work so they could order the new parts. Whole front end plus the A/C condenser. No damage to hood or front fenders. And amazingly all the lights still work!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Aw man .. . . at least the damage seems minimal excpet for the A/C condenser coil. Well, minimal in that it looks like mostly the plastic parts.
Still .. . glad you weren't so startled that you ventured off the road and could have been worse.

Hoping to a like new and successful repair !

We hate when this kind of thing happens.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys! Nope, not too bad and definitely could've been worse. I think the truck took it pretty well considering I was going around 55 mph when it happened. I do have a check engine light, but I think that has to do with the shutters being smashed and disconnected. Everything else is good.

·
Registered
792 Posts
As a motorcyclist I am extremely paranoid of deer, truck dosen't look too bad, could have been worse.
Them overgrown rodents are a menace. The neighbours kid hit one this summer doing 65 mph.
Wrote off the bike and he survived by and large with just road rash. He got very lucky.

I will be hitting deer as well come the first week of November.
A 180 grain piece of lead should do it....

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
You got lucky by the amount of damage that you have. Could have been a lot worse. Now, if you could just find someone swapping out t an aftermarket front bumper, you could come out well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
What are the odds. Me too. Damage looks almost the same. Crazy thing is that my condenser and heat exchanger are hella dented but still functioning, no leaks.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Unfortunately, welcome to the club...been almost a year f/ my "deerslayer" incident & one of my military troops took one out a few months back. Good note is you're Ok & the truck will get fixed. Note: Look over the repairs w/ fine-tooth comb as I'm still having the shop repaint my bumper (2nd time). They're getting paid to bring vehicle back to pre-deer strike condition.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
What are the odds. Me too. Damage looks almost the same. Crazy thing is that my condenser and heat exchanger are hella dented but still functioning, no leaks.
You say the Condensor and heat exchanger are bent but functioning well, as much as you would like it to be as before, I would be real hesitant to open that A/C system to replace, on a truck that the A/C is working well. Just a can of worms that you may not want to open. Tough decision to make, for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
16WhiteColly
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing