Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
If your work for somewhere the makes/supplies or transports parts for GM you can get a vendor discount.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ask about a "competitive take away" discount. If you own a vehicle from one of GM's identified competitors - Ford, Toyota, etc. - there was like a $1-2K discount for my '18 IIRC. It doesn't have to be a truck, and you don't have to be selling it. (I own a RAV4 and they just wanted proof I owned one, so they made a copy of the registration.) Not sure it was timing sensitive, like near end of model year, or regional, but they offered it up in addition to my Supplier discount.

More than one dealer told me supplier is the best discount available, outside of the GM Employee pricing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Incentives change month to month, so it's sort of a moving target, and they also can change from region to region. They're really zip code specific.

This month you have a standalone percent off offer and no conquest rebate, but there is a loyalty rebate for owning a 2005 or newer GM vehicle.

You could also qualify for a competitive lease rebate, lease loyalty rebate, and bonus cash depending on your region. There is extra money available for financing with GM Financial.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As someone else stated, I also got 2k off for showing proof that I owned a non-GM vehicle. The dealer at the time has a specific list of vehicle brands that worked with discount. It was called the Nameplate discount.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As someone else stated, I also got 2k off for showing proof that I owned a non-GM vehicle. The dealer at the time has a specific list of vehicle brands that worked with discount. It was called the Nameplate discount.
That rebate isn't available now. Rebates change every month.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Incentives change month to month, so it's sort of a moving target, and they also can change from region to region. They're really zip code specific.

This month you have a standalone percent off offer and no conquest rebate, but there is a loyalty rebate for owning a 2005 or newer GM vehicle.

You could also qualify for a competitive lease rebate, lease loyalty rebate, and bonus cash depending on your region. There is extra money available for financing with GM Financial.
that loyalty rebate sounds like a good deal.

I have a 2006 3/4 ton duramax 4x4 and I'm trying to decide whether I want to private sell it or trade it in.

Eric- any tips on how to figure out a ballpark of what a dealer would give me on a trade-in? Is it as simple as looking on KBB or one of those websites?

·
Registered
208 Posts
that loyalty rebate sounds like a good deal.

I have a 2006 3/4 ton duramax 4x4 and I'm trying to decide whether I want to private sell it or trade it in.

Eric- any tips on how to figure out a ballpark of what a dealer would give me on a trade-in? Is it as simple as looking on KBB or one of those websites?

You can use KBB but make sure to use the trade in instant cash offer tool. That will be most in line with what a dealer would give you. With a truck like that you’ll definitely make more money selling it private party, but make sure you sell it after you purchase if you’re looking to take advantage of this month’s loyalty rebate.

-Eric

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can use KBB but make sure to use the trade in instant cash offer tool. That will be most in line with what a dealer would give you. With a truck like that you’ll definitely make more money selling it private party, but make sure you sell it after you purchase if you’re looking to take advantage of this month’s loyalty rebate.

-Eric
thanks for the quick response. and glad to hear I can still get the loyalty rebate without having to trade it in. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a ZR2, but just haven't done it yet. still searing inventories of the dealers around me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
thanks for the quick response. and glad to hear I can still get the loyalty rebate without having to trade it in. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a ZR2, but just haven't done it yet. still searing inventories of the dealers around me.
If you want, fire me your zip code and the specs you want and I can find the closest one to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Eric Smit
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing