Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
421 - 425 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado 4WD WT CCSB
341 Posts
Any hints that limiting body style to CCSB only is just for first year and that subsequent years could return EC and LB options? An article I read said the single body style simplified manufacturing and supply chain. So after initial factory set up and learning the new vehicle, maybe more body styles could be offered? Probably just a pipe dream. My current Gen 2 is a CCSB but I would really like the ECLB option.

And out of bored curiosity, any ideas what power points will be offered? 12V? 120V? Where located?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,878 Posts
Any hints that limiting body style to CCSB only is just for first year and that subsequent years could return EC and LB options? An article I read said the single body style simplified manufacturing and supply chain. So after initial factory set up and learning the new vehicle, maybe more body styles could be offered? Probably just a pipe dream. My current Gen 2 is a CCSB but I would really like the ECLB option.

And out of bored curiosity, any ideas what power points will be offered? 12V? 120V? Where located?
120V is offered in the bed

• 110-volt console and pickup bed power outlets
All-New 2023 Colorado | Midsize Truck – Chevrolet

·
Registered
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
120V is offered in the bed

• 110-volt console and pickup bed power outlets
All-New 2023 Colorado | Midsize Truck – Chevrolet
I have a 400 Watt at 120 VAC outlet in my Silverado. There is an outlet in the cab and in the bed. I have used it once, to power up a TV I installed in my travel trailer at the storage lot here I did not have an outlet, just to see if the television worked. It sounds good, but I just don't find much need for it.

I was making a modification at my travel trailer and needed to run my dremel. I was prepared to use the truck outlet, but I have a 150 Watt inverter for my 18 volt Ryobi tool batteries, and that was enough to power the dremel. I did carry a battery charger for my Ryobi system to a worksite last month that had no power, in case I needed to charge my batteries, but I have enough batteries that it was never an issue.

I would guess the Colorado would only get the 400 Watt - that is basically just 3 amps of power.

421 - 425 of 425 Posts