Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
361 - 380 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ZR2 Dusk Edition
73 Posts
Also noticed, no 12v cigarette style plug anywhere on the vehicle...very disappointed no easy way to convert those items to usb.
That's an issue for sure. Really surprised by that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know if the below payload capacities are with 2WD or 4WD? If its 2WD, how much less do we expect it to be with 4WD?

Max Payload (lb. / kg):

1684 / 764 – WT & LT

1587 / 720 – Trail Boss & Z71

1151 / 522 – ZR2

·
Registered
93 Posts
Having watched Andre’s video, I am even happier I didn’t wait to buy a 23. The only thing I caught in his review that I wish my truck had is the relocated knob for the transfer case.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a nice truck. Just don’t feel like I’m missing out.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control and a sunroof are enough to make me upgrade. Although I have no experience with GM's adaptive cruise control -- Can it come to a complete stop and start up again like Subaru's?

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
Adaptive Cruise Control and a sunroof are enough to make me upgrade. Although I have no experience with GM's adaptive cruise control -- Can it come to a complete stop and start up again like Subaru's?
yes but once stopped you have to hit RESUME

and it can only brake so much...if the vehicle ahead stops too abruptly you still need to hit the brakes

I'm not really a big fan of all the nannies in my Yukon Denali, I rarely use them

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,839 Posts

and it can only brake so much...if the vehicle ahead stops too abruptly you still need to hit the brakes

I'm not really a big fan of all the nannies in my Yukon Denali, I rarely use them
So is "Nannies" the technical term? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,164 Posts
What is funny is that the more I look at the seats, the more I realize it's pretty much the same seat as the current truck with a different pattern... The passenger seat still has the manual back lever on the ZR2 lol.

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
What is funny is that the more I look at the seats, the more I realize it's pretty much the same seat as the current truck with a different pattern... The passenger seat still has the manual back lever on the ZR2 lol.
I think they changed the headrest and some patterns hoping no one would notice LOL

I would not be surprised if seats are interchangeable with 2nd gens

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think they changed the headrest and some patterns hoping no one would notice LOL

The only other thing I can think is the xt5 seats. They're really really similar to these new ones. (And the current colorado as well) I have no issues with the current Gen seats by the way. They're not GMT800 seats (my favorite) but they're still extremely comfortable for me. Just for the show factor of a modern interior the more I look at it the less I'm really seeing that has really changed vs being updated is all...

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
548 Posts

Nope, they are different. I can see it plain as day. Maybe not hugely different, but different in the right way. I do not like the seats in my 2015. Too much bolstering on the seat bottom....especially on the drivers seat, left side. It digs into my thigh....every friggin time I drive the truck. I have a hard time getting comfortable in these seats. It's the one thing I've never liked about my truck. The seats were updated for the 2019 model. They changed them to 6 way seats (so the seat bottom could be adjusted...although the seat recline was still manual...huge mistake in my opinion, but whatever lol) and they cut down on the amount of bolstering on the drivers seat. It's an improvement over my truck, and I could probably be happy with that.

The 2023 model changes the bolstering again, by making it so that the seat remains flat out o the ends, with only the bolstering being on the sides of the seat instead of wrapping around to the front. You can see what I mean below:
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

Thanks, hopefully with SuperCruise (not that the Colorado is getting it) it works differently. I was amazed in my Subaru that it would do emergency stopping and resume on its own when the vehicle in front moved.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
Nope, they are different. I can see it plain as day. Maybe not hugely different, but different in the right way. I do not like the seats in my 2015. Too much bolstering on the seat bottom....especially on the drivers seat, left side. It digs into my thigh....every friggin time I drive the truck. I have a hard time getting comfortable in these seats. It's the one thing I've never liked about my truck. The seats were updated for the 2019 model. They changed them to 6 way seats (so the seat bottom could be adjusted...although the seat recline was still manual...huge mistake in my opinion, but whatever lol) and they cut down on the amount of bolstering on the drivers seat. It's an improvement over my truck, and I could probably be happy with that.

The 2023 model changes the bolstering again, by making it so that the seat remains flat out o the ends, with only the bolstering being on the sides of the seat instead of wrapping around to the front. You can see what I mean below:
View attachment 432469

View attachment 432471
The cushions are different but how did you verify the mounting hardware/underpinnings/rails aren't the same? Remember under the skin these cabs are still the same as 2nd gen.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

View attachment 432469

View attachment 432471
While somewhat different it's still mostly the same. I haven't sat in a pre 19 but the driver seat bolster, atleast in mine, is more like what the newer gen is vs the one you linked. I don't think the passenger seat changed though.

Vehicle Car Automotive side-view mirror Motor vehicle Automotive design

Note the seat bolstering is quite flat across on the driverside vs the drinker side being rounder. I noticed this on my test drive and appears to be the case with the 19+ seat change. The bottom is flatter.

361 - 380 of 425 Posts