Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
321 - 340 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Wrangler 4 banger turbo gets up off the line just fine. If / when I get a new Rubicon i would get it. Hope the Colorado turbo will do as well.
I have thought about supercharging my 2017 ZR2. Should be a load of fun for you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seats are probably one of the most subjective items. I sat in a Z71 and a Leather LT and Canyon SLT. I hated the Z71 but found the leather very comfortable.

My 2015 had a shift button on the shift lever to allow manual mode. On the newer models, I think they changed the M for Manual to a L, but I thought gave the same ability to shift gears. The only issue is, it was a limiter, if you chose 5th Gear as an example, the truck could pick a lower gear, but no higher than 5th gear.
Yes seats are subjective. No other Chevy or GMC or Buick has as hard of seats as Canyon / Colorado. YMMV.

The shifter is more like for going up a hill pulling a trailer. The button limits the top gear. It is perfect for that and right for most Colorados. But to me at least, a ZR2 should have a full manual up / down shift for any gear within the safe RPM range of the engine. It baffles me why they did not put it in, unless they have no confidence in the 8 speed auto. If you drive off road, up and down hills, or drifting in sand etc., being able to select a gear and hold it should be up to the driver. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: mpack

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes seats are subjective. No other Chevy or GMC or Buick has as hard of seats as Canyon / Colorado. YMMV.

The shifter is more like for going up a hill pulling a trailer. The button limits the top gear. It is perfect for that and right for most Colorados. But to me at least, a ZR2 should have a full manual up / down shift for any gear within the safe RPM range of the engine. It baffles me why they did not put it in, unless they have no confidence in the 8 speed auto. If you drive off road, up and down hills, or drifting in sand etc., being able to select a gear and hold it should be up to the driver. Just my 2 cents.
Gear selection for off road is essential. The difference a higher/lower gear can make,and hold,is enormous.

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Lol if you say so there. You should look up. The specs of the 2.7l in the silverados. Might surprise you and you might learn something diesel fanboy.
I work for GM, I have driven many , many 2.7L Silverados. No need to look up anything. Real world experience here. Not some hog wash from uneducated idiots like you. I know more about diesel than you ever will.

Everyone please not comments like this are not exceptable..(that is why I striked it out)
Be respectful of each other....
---Glen

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
I've been daily driving the 2.5L manual which is basically a sewing machine with the power of 4 harnessed children.....the new Colorado is going to feel like a fighter jet to me. 😂 🤷🏻‍♂️
speaking of manual transmissions...

Vertebrate Wheel Tire Art Technology

·
Registered
15 Posts
I work for GM, I have driven many , many 2.7L Silverados. No need to look up anything. Real world experience here. Not some hog wash from uneducated idiots like you. I know more about diesel than you ever will.
Lmao. Ok there bud. You just keep thinking your know it all and are better than everyone else because they don’t agree with you. Working out well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Skip to 33 minutes to avoid wasting a half hour on Roman babbling incoherently about G80's, turbo engines, and hybrids... 🤣
I don't see the Z71 being cheaper than the Trailboss like they claim, the Z71 is way nicer and if that's the case it would be a way better buy. I wish we could get some more info/photos of the WT and LT trims.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't see the Z71 being cheaper than the Trailboss like they claim, the Z71 is way nicer and if that's the case it would be a way better buy. I wish we could get some more info/photos of the WT and LT trims.
There might be some trade offs. I would speculate that the interior of the trail boss might have less standard options to make up for the upgraded suspension that the Z71 won’t have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There might be some trade offs. I would speculate that the interior of the trail boss might have less standard options to make up for the upgraded suspension that the Z71 won’t have.
There are trade offs for sure on the Trailboss, it's basically just a WT with a 2 inch lift and wider control arms. If a Z71 is cheaper, I would for sure just go that route, upgrade to some wider control arms and basically have a lot nicer Trailboss.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are trade offs for sure on the Trailboss, it's basically just a WT with a 2 inch lift and wider control arms. If a Z71 is cheaper, I would for sure just go that route, upgrade to some wider control arms and basically have a lot nicer Trailboss.
If the ZR2 is more pricey than I anticipate, that’s probably what I’ll do. I have never been a fan of the G80…….(one of the few things that Roman from TFL, and I agree on) but if it’s close to 10 or 12k difference in price, I’ll just add an ARB or two on a Z71. I could have most of the performance of a ZR2 for less than 7k, after coilovers and the rest of the suspension and protection.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am wondering if the new front seats would bolt into my 2017? I wanted to raise my seat an inch just on the front, but GM used some weird mount to the floor that would require some custom fabrication / welding. If the new gen seats are more comfortable to me, that may be an option.

Does anyone know when this truck will first be on display at an auto show or etc.?

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
If the ZR2 is more pricey than I anticipate, that’s probably what I’ll do. I have never been a fan of the G80…….(one of the few things that Roman from TFL, and I agree on) but if it’s close to 10 or 12k difference in price, I’ll just add an ARB or two on a Z71. I could have most of the performance of a ZR2 for less than 7k, after coilovers and the rest of the suspension and protection.
Did you notice that Roman called it a manual locker? 🤣

I'm fairly sure the Z71 will also have a G80. Historically they pretty much always have.

321 - 340 of 372 Posts