Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z71 Midnight Edition
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, new to the forums.
I've read through quite a few threads about changing out the halogens into leds. I know that the bigger cooling fan ones need the extended dust cap mod. I'm currently not looking to do that, so I AM looking for ones that fit under the stock dust cap.

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. Quite possibly the harshest winters in Canada. Last 2 days we had a gross dump of snow, icy roads and doors that almost freeze shut.

I'm not looking to spend $150+ CAD on lights. I have the projector style ones.
I noticed a lot of amazon recommendations are not accessible to Canadian amazon buyers like myself.

Any fellow Canadian amazon/colorado owners want to chime in with recommendations? (or any Americans that want to chime in, feel free)

I'm also looking for yellow/3000k 5202 fogs.

So far this is what I've found on canadian amazon.
Fahren
Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 14000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Sealight X1
SEALIGHT H11/H8/H9 Headlight Bulbs Fanless, 14000LM 400% Brighter LED Lights, Low Beam 50,000+ Hour Lifespan, 6000K Xenon White Non-polarity, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Sealight S1 (I read on here that these fit under dust caps but mixed reviews)
SEALIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs, 12000 Lumens Low Beam LED Bulbs, 6500K Bright White IP68 Waterproof, Halogen Replacement, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Auxito H11 - I don't know if these will fit under the dust cap
AUXITO H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000lm Per Set 6500K Cool White Wireless LED Bulb, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

FOGS
Auxbeam 5202 (these arent 3000k)
Auxbeam 5202 Led Headlight Bulbs, 52W 10000lm 6500K CSP LED Chip Single Beam 5202 Headlight Conversion kit F-F2 Series, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Auxbeam 5202 Switchbacks (I don't really want switchbacks)

Aubxeam 5202 5201 Three Colors Switchback Led Fog Light Bulbs Fanless, 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White 4500K Warm White 3500K Yellow, PS19W PS24W Fog Lights Daytime Running Lights Replacement, Driving, Fog & Spot Lights - Amazon Canada

Any recommendations/info will be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
I think you're going to have some difficulty finding exactly what you want, especially given the color temp you're after and your budget. Only one of the products you linked are close to 3000K and those are the switchbacks, everything else is going to be basically pure white (6000K and up).

Diode Dynamics makes 3000K fog LEDs but those are probably where the "I'm not going to spend $150 on lights" is coming from.

After running LED replacements for my lows, highs, and fogs (all around 6000K) I bit the bullet and bought Diode Dynamics SS3 pods in amber. Huge difference in output, not just visibility.

Wish I could be more help, maybe someone has some resources you haven't come across.

Reactions: SeikoRado18

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the Fahren's fit, and according to my tests, they perform very very well.

Do you happen to know if these are the Y13's?
AUXITO H8 H11 H16 LED Fog Light Bulb Fanless, 6500K Cool White, 400% Brightness CSP Chips, Long Lifespan, Plug and Play, H11 Halogen Replacement Fog lights DRL Bulbs for Vehicle, Pack of 2, Top Clearance Marker Assemblies - Amazon Canada
I think you're going to have some difficulty finding exactly what you want, especially given the color temp you're after and your budget. Only one of the products you linked are close to 3000K and those are the switchbacks, everything else is going to be basically pure white (6000K and up).

Diode Dynamics makes 3000K fog LEDs but those are probably where the "I'm not going to spend $150 on lights" is coming from.

After running LED replacements for my lows, highs, and fogs (all around 6000K) I bit the bullet and bought Diode Dynamics SS3 pods in amber. Huge difference in output, not just visibility.

Wish I could be more help, maybe someone has some resources you haven't come across.
Thanks for the reply!

I just need something better than the stock low beams, it doesn't need to be #1 in the ranking.
Amazon used to sell this Turbo SII brand leds, my 2009 ford escape had 3000k fogs from that brand and they were pretty decent for a reflector light. For some reason that brand is gone.
I would pretty much take any 3000k that is better than the stock fogs. I cant justify anything pricey, I drive to work and home but its dark winter driving so I wanted the 3000k to help stand out during these gross winter flurries.

I COULD settle for the 6000k spectrum though, I noticed my fogs are pretty much trash right now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
ah darn. btw your videos are great. the detail you go through is just perfect.
Thanks, I really appreciate that!

Here is the Y13 in H11 size:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forums.
I've read through quite a few threads about changing out the halogens into leds. I know that the bigger cooling fan ones need the extended dust cap mod. I'm currently not looking to do that, so I AM looking for ones that fit under the stock dust cap.

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. Quite possibly the harshest winters in Canada. Last 2 days we had a gross dump of snow, icy roads and doors that almost freeze shut.

I'm not looking to spend $150+ CAD on lights. I have the projector style ones.
I noticed a lot of amazon recommendations are not accessible to Canadian amazon buyers like myself.

Any fellow Canadian amazon/colorado owners want to chime in with recommendations? (or any Americans that want to chime in, feel free)

I'm also looking for yellow/3000k 5202 fogs.

So far this is what I've found on canadian amazon.
Fahren
Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 14000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Sealight X1
SEALIGHT H11/H8/H9 Headlight Bulbs Fanless, 14000LM 400% Brighter LED Lights, Low Beam 50,000+ Hour Lifespan, 6000K Xenon White Non-polarity, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Sealight S1 (I read on here that these fit under dust caps but mixed reviews)
SEALIGHT H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs, 12000 Lumens Low Beam LED Bulbs, 6500K Bright White IP68 Waterproof, Halogen Replacement, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Auxito H11 - I don't know if these will fit under the dust cap
AUXITO H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 12000lm Per Set 6500K Cool White Wireless LED Bulb, Pack of 2, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

FOGS
Auxbeam 5202 (these arent 3000k)
Auxbeam 5202 Led Headlight Bulbs, 52W 10000lm 6500K CSP LED Chip Single Beam 5202 Headlight Conversion kit F-F2 Series, Headlight Bulbs - Amazon Canada

Auxbeam 5202 Switchbacks (I don't really want switchbacks)

Aubxeam 5202 5201 Three Colors Switchback Led Fog Light Bulbs Fanless, 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White 4500K Warm White 3500K Yellow, PS19W PS24W Fog Lights Daytime Running Lights Replacement, Driving, Fog & Spot Lights - Amazon Canada

Any recommendations/info will be appreciated.
Hey!

I live in Saskatoon, I bought Diode Dynamics SL1 (H11) low beams and have used their fog lights as well. They fit behind the dust cap and the difference in light output is night and day.

There's a company here in town that you can buy them from and I highly recommend dealing with these guys

EssKCustoms Low beams

SLF Fog lights

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm leaning towards the Sealight X1 as of now.
Hey!

I live in Saskatoon, I bought Diode Dynamics SL1 (H11) low beams and have used their fog lights as well. They fit behind the dust cap and the difference in light output is night and day.

There's a company here in town that you can buy them from and I highly recommend dealing with these guys

EssKCustoms Low beams

SLF Fog lights
thanks for the suggestion neighbor. but my frugal butt cant justify those prices.🐔

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
FWIW, I installed Sealight LEDs back in 2019 for low/high/fog and still run them for my low/high bulbs (S1 bulbs, not X1) and they've been rock solid. The problem is the OEM projector lens isn't all that great for the low beams so while I had an improvement it wasn't as much as I was hoping. The LED high beams work great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FWIW, I installed Sealight LEDs back in 2019 for low/high/fog and still run them for my low/high bulbs (S1 bulbs, not X1) and they've been rock solid. The problem is the OEM projector lens isn't all that great for the low beams so while I had an improvement it wasn't as much as I was hoping. The LED high beams work great.
The X1 is like $4 more than the S1. Is there even much of a difference between the 2?
I know the X1 says 14,000 lumens and the S1 says 12,000 lumens but I think we all know that's an exaggeration.

@JDebler's videos mentioned something about having too much light output in the projector creates that dead zone in the middle, kind of a shadowy spot. It's why I'm being a nancy about spending too much on lights.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
The X1 is like $4 more than the S1. Is there even much of a difference between the 2?
I know the X1 says 14,000 lumens and the S1 says 12,000 lumens but I think we all know that's an exaggeration.

@JDebler's videos mentioned something about having too much light output in the projector creates that dead zone in the middle, kind of a shadowy spot. It's why I'm being a nancy about spending too much on lights.
Not sure of the difference, sorry. The H11 S1 bulbs I bought were recalled for being too bright, heh. When I ordered my Diode Dynamics SS3 pods I also ordered a pair of their SL1 low-beam bulbs to compare to my existing bulbs and they were no better or worse than the Sealight S1 bulbs I had in there before. I don't have any problems with a dead zone, but there's also no hot-spot because there's poor beam focus. I suppose you might say there's a little shadow or inconsistency in the output based on the below, and Diode Dynamics had claimed to produce good output/focus with their bulbs but when I laid the Sealight S1 and DD bulbs out side by side their LED positions were exactly the same and the same style so I wasn't surprised when there was no discernible difference between the bulbs.

Cloud Automotive lighting Building Rectangle Electricity

And here's my previous Sealight fogs in the OEM housings...

Electricity Rectangle Automotive lighting Tints and shades City

·
Registered
354 Posts

thanks for the suggestion neighbor. but my frugal butt cant justify those prices.🐔
I hear you, same boat, but cheap ones don't last and aren't engineered the same. These aren't just amped up LEDs on a stick that fits in the housing. I only justify higher pricing with legitimately higher quality items. I'm sure there are other good brands available, @Diode Dynamics has been great to me so far.

Road surface Freezing Floor Water Automotive lighting

Water Rectangle Road surface Floor Asphalt

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Wheel Car

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure of the difference, sorry. The H11 S1 bulbs I bought were recalled for being too bright, heh. When I ordered my Diode Dynamics SS3 pods I also ordered a pair of their SL1 low-beam bulbs to compare to my existing bulbs and they were no better or worse than the Sealight S1 bulbs I had in there before. I don't have any problems with a dead zone, but there's also no hot-spot because there's poor beam focus. I suppose you might say there's a little shadow or inconsistency in the output based on the below, and Diode Dynamics had claimed to produce good output/focus with their bulbs but when I laid the Sealight S1 and DD bulbs out side by side their LED positions were exactly the same and the same style so I wasn't surprised when there was no discernible difference between the bulbs.

View attachment 436556

And here's my previous Sealight fogs in the OEM housings...

View attachment 436557

sorry im a bit confused here. The 2nd photo, thats the Sealight S1 in your low beam projector housings?

·
Registered
7,153 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First pic is the S1 low beam, second pic is only the fogs with the Sealight LEDs, specifically https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPQKLXM
As long as these are better than the stock halogens. I'm adding it to my cart today.

Thanks to everyone who recommended better lights/higher quality, but we can re-visit that if I land my new job in November haha.

Now what can we get for fogs under $50cad???? 6000k and/or 3000k 💀

I'll also be updating this thread when I do the install with pics for future frugal canadians.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Now what can we get for fogs under $50cad???? 6000k and/or 3000k 💀
Not sure what they're priced at in Canada, but the Sealight fogs I linked above are $30USD for a pair. That should mean they're like $41CAD, but...dang, when I switched to the Canadian Amazon site they're $80. That's bonkers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure what they're priced at in Canada, but the Sealight fogs I linked above are $30USD for a pair. That should mean they're like $41CAD, but...dang, when I switched to the Canadian Amazon site they're $80. That's bonkers.
haha thats why i created this thread. in hopes someone would have a cheaper recommendation.

The sealight S1 is like $48 after taxes. X1 is $52.
finding reasonable fogs is even harder...

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I have Sealight LEDs in my 2017 for 5 years now and happy with them.
Proper cutoff, good light throw, good on center beam and wide side throw and way brighter than stock or even upgrade halogen.

Low Beam Sealight LED - - - -
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Gas Tints and shades Asphalt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts