Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an adjustable control arm kit from slick and dirty motorsports, which looks like a solid, quality kit. However, it is not compatible with the tapered spindle where the ball joint stud sits. This kit has a straight through bolt from the uniball on the UCA. I am attempting to find out how to still utilize this kit with the tapered spindles (I have CST spindles which fit the factory control arm tapered ball joint studs). My mech told me that I need tapered cone spacers to fill in the gap on the tapered spindle so that there is no slop and it’s solid. Any insight is appreciated on this as far as where I may be able to get an applicable part or if I’m in deep water here. I may have to return the kit which I don’t know is possible yet. Hopefully Steve will work with me on this. Lesson learned, be certain of compatibility prior to.

2008 Chevy Colorado z85

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Maybe they have a tapered bushing that you did not receive. The kit may be made to fit multiple applications. You need the stud to be tapered or it will be impossible to align it or hold the alignment. According to their website, looks like it is sold to be installed without tapered bushings, the straight bolt in a tapered hole. Guess it may be sturdy enough. The mechanic may be telling you that because he is not familiar with this particular product. I would email them and see what they say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
R1deorD1e
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing